I need to know I am not alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went 7 days AF last week. I felt so great. I have not felt so good in years. So Friday I drank thinking I would go back to AF on Sat. I did not. I have drank every day since. Why do we do this?
    I know logically that I am going to feel like Cr*p the next day, but I do it anyway. I now know how good I feel AF, but I still drink.
    Tell me this has happend to some of you. Does anyone know why?
    I need some reasurance.
    Thank you.

Blanchieboo Good morning, You are not alone. I have learned alot from this program, my therapist and AA. The biggest thing I have learned is not to go it alone. We tend to isolate ourselves with this disease. As far as the repeat behavior, a favorite AA quote of mine is "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." Boy, that was me. Very best to you, keep up the fight, its worth it.

Comment

I am the same way Blanch. If I pick up ONE I cannot stop until my life is a mess. One Day at a Time. We can do this. Isolation is huge for me, so I am dragging myself to an AA meeting Alone. I was drunk and isolated. I can't stay sober and be isolated. I am here for you. Feel free to pm me anytime.:l
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Definitely not alone Blanchie! I'm right here with you.
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi Blanchie
          Nope- you are definitely not alone. It IS hard. That has happened to me many a time. But it is worth it- you know it now. Don't drink just for today, and if you need to-take it in small chunks of time. You CAN do it- you already have.
          xo
          -Sheep

Comment

Blanchie - here too...........I often wondered if I was alone before I started this program. The same thing happens to me - will go 7, 10, 14 days and feel great and then boom, hit the bottle again.......

You are definitly not alone. We're all here to help support you girl....
            By the way, hope your daughter is feeling better......
            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
            :h

Comment

Blanchie...I am the same as you...I know how good it feels to be AF and how bad AL will make me feel...Yet I would have what i called BRAIN FARTS all the time and drink just one....yeah RIGHT ???
              Journaling will AF helped me read back and brainwash myself not to pick up that first drink...it still wasn't easy, but it is a very useful tool that has helped me many times.
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I am the same way and once *I* realized that I have no AL off switch staying AF was easier. You can do it too. Hang in there. :l

Comment

No, you are definitely not alone. I can go for a long time but, when I have that first one it is downhill from there.

I also know what I will feel like the next day but continue on. I am just glad that my last bad night did not end up to be more drinking for days.... That has to be improvement.

You have to keep on trying and don't give up on yourself. I am still learning - although I wish it would just stick already!!

Comment

Blanchie:
                    I have been there more times than I can remember. I am still trying to moderate but will probably have to give that idea up. Good Luck and keep trying!

Comment

Your not alone Blanchie. Most everyone on here can relate. I had three weeks AF, the best I have done in probably 20 years. Then I got bored, I guess. I think its entirely possible we get programmed to our lives and stay stuck in our ruts. If you did 7 days, and I did 3 weeks, then we have the ability to change. Its all about change I believe. Pick yourself up and try again Blanchie.
                      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Been there, done that. You are not alone. I know it's frustrating though. Just keep trying....don't give up!

Comment

You sound JUST like me. I did 3 days AF, felt amazing! i was exercising, loving myself, me and hubby were FANTASTIC, i slipped and had a glass of wine on Sunday and last night 2 bottles of the stuff. I knew i would hate myself and feel like crap and have a row with hubby over it, yet i did. I have no idea why i did it.
                          BUT today is day 1 again! I've done my work out and now i'm eating a healthy salad to get rid of the pounds.
                          Just forget it and get bacl on track!!!

Comment

First time poster. I'm the same way. I drink 2-3 liters of Vodka a week. Every evening.
                            Gone are many former interests, PROGRESS in my life has halted, few friends, self-employed self destroyed, out of money, at least I can grow some of my own food. My wife has fired a final warning shot across the bow. I'm out of options and in way over my head. Promised her I would do 30 days AF. Scared to take the first step. These message boards let me know I am not alone. Thanks for your help.

Comment

moofarmer;524962 wrote: First time poster. I'm the same way. I drink 2-3 liters of Vodka a week. Every evening.
                              Gone are many former interests, PROGRESS in my life has halted, few friends, self-employed self destroyed, out of money, at least I can grow some of my own food. My wife has fired a final warning shot across the bow. I'm out of options and in way over my head. Promised her I would do 30 days AF. Scared to take the first step. These message boards let me know I am not alone. Thanks for your help.
                              :welcome: You can do it. Order the Kudzu from this site...it really helps. I get the L glutamine in bulk. The first few days will a bit tough but it gets better every day.

Comment

Working...
                              X