Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Wednesday

Wow, 9:03 here and no odat thread.

How is everyone doing today? I had a decent night last night, feeling good today - have a lot of work to do. I didn't get much sleep but that's okay, I know that I will tonight. Usually takes me a couple days when AF to get into a rythm.

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi everyone

Hope everyone is doing ok. It is great to wake up clear headed and no hangover. As you say Uni it takes time to get back into schedule. Had a busy morning, walk with dogs and then met a friend for lunch. I get so so much more done when AF. I dont know how I functioned when I was drinking a bottle of wine every night!! I may not have been completely AF in the last year but there is no comparision to what I was like before joining MWO. So any new newbies reading this, keep, keep trying.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

I am doing terribly. I had one day AF and then last night was REALLY bad. Went to a party had three glasses of wine came home and made margaritas. I am an IDIOT and I hate myself. I am sitting there with my little girl getting hammered. Great memories for her.... I hate myself. Completely disgusted...

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Good Morning

I am visiting Florida and it is COLD here too. Glad that someone started the thread, thanks. Yes it is nice to wake up without the fear and the anxiety. I know the feeling very well of hating yourself but I am not sure it gets us to where we want to go (sober). I seem to do better when I am able to forgive myself somewhat. God knows, none of us deliberately chose to be a drunk. Sort of something that just takes over. I have been sober maybe 5 months but it took year of trying to get that 5 months together. I hope you can get there a lot sooner -- I believe you can.
        Matt

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Day 9 for me, and doing ok. Still groggy this morning but I managed the night with no sleeping pills at all, and also have given up almost all my other pills. I think it was the Kudzu that was causing my facial flushing that I've had for a couple months. Now my pimples show. Bad dreams last night, but I think that's part of the process also.

Booklvr, that's the insidious thing about AL. One drink, it makes us think "that's not so bad I'll just have one more". Three drinks and our good intentions are turned off and suddenly it's "midnight at the oasis" time. For me, the more I quit the more I lack control to handle just a small amount. It drives me nuts.

Happy Wednesday to all.

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi guys - 17af/21 for January for me today, day 4 in a row.
            Very quiet around here today. I have to get up to the top floor of my building to do a nasty work task, so shall make this short (ya, right!!)

BF wanted to drink last night. Hmmmm..... I guess when I don't drink, he doesn't either, and sometimes wants to. I finally said no, I am doing so well today, I am not craving it and don't want it, want to stick with my cleanse, so i would rather not. Fine - that was that. My post-swim cravings seem to have gone, training myself to not want it at that point. I have also lost 7lb in the last week and a half, mostly due to my detox diet i believe!

matten - just how COLD is it in Florida??? My parents were snowbirds, spent winters in Naples, and i would laugh when I would talk to my mom and she was saying it was rather chilly there!

Boss - sounds pretty normal to me with the sleep and dreams. I still am not sleeping that well - better than first going AF, but not a solid, through-the-night sleep - always dreaming!! I don't take the Kudzu anymore either - I think it gave me a strange pressure in my head, more than a headache. I'm doing fine without it though!

Hi to everyone else to come. Uni - thanks for starting this today!
            Back to work!
            xoxo peanut

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Morning ODATers!

Hey Uni... good to hear you're back at it! How's your daughter doing?
              Rusty, glad you're doing well.
              Booklvr... listen to Matt.. he's right. Hating ourselves is kinda counter productive. I'm a fine one to talk.. yes, I realize that.
              Matthen... there's no such thing as COLD in Florida. Cold is -30Celsius, icicles hanging from your nose, numb toes and watery eyes. Sheesh.
              Boss.man....Congrats on day 9! I'm going to try the supps again... I really didn't feel terribly well when I took them, plus I started gagging at the bare thought of ALL those pills. And, I agree, the more AF days I get in, the less it seems I can tolerate AL.
              Hey Peanutty one.... you're having a great January! Awesome! What kind of detox diet are you doing???

Hello to everyone coming hereafter - have a grand day!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hey Peanut! What kind of detox cleanse are you doing? ....if you don't mind sharing...I think a couple of us are interested!!!
                Glad to see so many of you guys are feeling good today!

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hey - I am on the Wild Rose herbal detox - it is an institute in Calgary. So I take 2 tablet in the morning each of biliherb (for liver), laxaherb (self-explanatory and sometimes a bit excessive!) and cleansaherb (?) and also liquid drops and then repeat at supper time. But the diet is: no wheat or wheat products, no dairy, no fermented products (f**ked that up on the weekend!!), and no sugar, only 1 coffee a day if neccessary (black no sugar),1 fruit (non tropical), no margarine but butter is ok, as is olive oil, and no peanuts. I am supposed to eat 80% brown rice, fish, almonds and veggies. Gets a little tiring and only 20% meat and other proteins and grains (but not the flours of grains). Not hard to do - I eat a brown rice salad at lunch with salmon. Also, alot of rice cakes with almond butter - good substitute for peanut butter. So, going without any processed food whatsoever, I think is pretty good - cleans out the cells and help to release all the yucky unwanted fat!! Good boost to a weight loss program. They are on-line - check them out! I do it a couple times a year just to get my diet under control. I do have a penchant for Munchies, you see, and they are definitely NOT good for me!

xo peanut

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hey everyone, just wanted to shout out a hello.
                    Got thru day 1 AF....again. Having a hard time today. Craving big time!
                    Kudos to everyone here for being so strong and striving for a better life. I know we will get there!

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Blanchie
                      Congrats on day 1!! I'm day4 AF and finially feel alittle better. I'm spending alot of time here reading the boards. Alot of good info. So hang in there.
                      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Stay strong Blanchie - don't give in! The cravings will pass!

Hello lilmea - 4 days - awesome! :goodjob: To the both of you!
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

well off to bed. made it one day sober. just got back from aa meeting. going to gp to get proper prespription topa tomorrow. best of luck all you odaters! toodles!
                          no time like the present

Comment

Working...
                          X