day three - its friday and tough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day three for the frist time in yonks! and I totally want to drink. Fridays are really hard, and it seems that way for a lot of people if the posts are anything to go by. I really want to drink tonight, but it is already seven thirty here, and i would have to go to the shops. But I know the hubby wants to get a bottle, which would so tempt me too!

I'd like to get to the end of this day. And then the end of tomorrow. For a change.
    no time like the present

You can do it skinny cow, try and get your mind off of it, take a bath or watch a movie, anything to get your mind off of it.

Twosox

Comment

Do you have any Lglutamine SK?
      Write a list of all the reasons you want to stop, or the things you have said or done when drunk..that might help
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

skinny,
        hang in there. Once i got passed the thrid day it got alittle easier. (for now any way)
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Skinny,
          I want to drink too. They're right though. The next day will be hell all over again and we'll be asking ourselves why? Its only 1:20 in the afternoon here. We can get through this.
          MM

Comment

Hang in there!!

Friday's are tough to begin with and so is day 3 / 4 - and you're facing both at the same time!!!

Focus on the rest of the weekend - plan lots to do, it'll be great to wake up sober tomorrow and feel well enough to do all sorts of stuff. Focus on that, keep busy tonight, this is the hardest Friday of all, it will get better, keep going, drop by on the AF daily thread in monthly abstinence.

Comment

everybody is too too right. and i know i am just feelign sorry for myself. its been a bitch of a night. my hubby just made a lame pretence and i know he just went up for a bottle of wine. he doesne't have a problem, i do, but the kids were nuts, and i would love to get drunk as well to destress. but maybe the bath is actually the answer. i have heard a lot of people say the third and fourth day are indeed the hardest.

i really appreciate this website. its so comforting to know that so many people out there are strugglign the same way. thanks for all the words of encourangement guys!
              no time like the present

Comment

hi cow this is my 2nd Friday, its really like any other day, to some,me,my dear you have to learn to be comfortable with you,no one can stop you , and i say stop, not quit, you from drinking,even in sobriety,its hard,as far as your husband,maybe he doesn't have the problem,one of the hardest things you ll do, is have to be around drinkers,society will not change for us,i do wish you well,i wish i could explain how i do this,ya just stop,or you just drink,doesn't mean we have to drowned ourselves, that's what i found out this time, give yourself a brake, maybe that's the only way gyco

Comment

Hi Skinny. I hope it went well for you laste night. This is what I works for me.

You need to make a plan, not wanting to have a drink isn't a good enough plan because it is so easy to break. You need to decide what you will do instead of having a drink, what you will do when you want a drink. If you really want a drink when the kids go to bed, how about you go for a short drive, or even a brisk cold walk. I know that it is winter but you need to put yourself in a situation where you are not sitting at home desperately thinking about how much you want that drink. Especially if your other half doesn't have a problem with drinking in front of you. Does you husband know that you are trying to stop, can he maybe forgo a drink for a few days to help you get started? My husband didn't but he made sure to drink something that I didn't like.

Comment

Just think at how great you will feel in the morning! Not only physically but emotionally!

Boredom is my downfall. Keep busy, and all the best! You can do it!!

Comment

Skinny

I'm spending my night watching muliple shows of CSI and eating my snickers bars ( they help alot for me). I attended an AA meeting earlier and that gave me alot of strength. I think it's kind of unfair of hubby bringing a bottle of wine home. Does he have any clue what you're going thru? Can't he just go out if he wants to drink? For the time being anyway. Hang in there, you can do it. The nights almost over, you've made it this far today. Best of luck. :choc: :bath: :elk:
                      Starting over again
                      ray:

Comment

Thans ezzmae and gyco and sausage and everbody for the support. It's saturday and I got through the night :thanks:
                        I took a bath and read a book. that seemed to do the trick.

It's getting through that critical hour, or moment really, of panic and anxiety. So, I am on day four and feeling pretty good. Thanks for the support. And good luck to everybody today. here's to a AF weekend!
                        no time like the present

Comment

Hi Skinny Cow

Congratulations - that's fabulous YOU DID IT!!!

You need to really focus on the benefits of being AF now rather than seeing yourself as a martyr deprived of something - if you fail to do this you may stay AF by sheer willpower but be really miserable. Really focus on the benefits and list them down, there are so many. Look again (if you have not already done so ) at Doggy Gir's "my new story" in the my story section where she does a cost benefit analysis of Alcohol - particularly look at what she wrote on Dec 25th 08, and of course at her before and after pictures!!

keep checking in here, have a great AF weekend - there's always someone here for support 24/7 so stick close if it gets tough!!

Well done again
                          Take care

sausage xx

Comment

Working...
                          X