What a waste!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a waste!

As a preventative to drinking, it's good for me to think about the times I "thought" that AL would make something more enjoyable or easier. The things I've done under the influence that totally backfired are legion. Here are a few:
    -Attending plays - A waste of expensive ticket price, as I can't remember anything about those plays.
    -Cleaning my house - Most of the time I just kind of gave up in the middle of it all.
    -Cooking & baking - I've ruined more than one thing in the process.
    -Clipping my poodle puppy - Poor thing had a couple of bald spots where the guard fell off the clippers wo/my noticing.
    -Babysitting for my g-sons - It's a challenge when sober but twice as hard when not.
    -Having dinner parties - I usually can't wait for everyone to leave.
    -Family get-togethers - This is not easy even under the best circumstances (sober). Much more difficult when trying not to slur.

Since joining MWO & especially in the last month, I've done all of the above sober. I shake my head that I could actually think drinking would add anything positive. This is just more fodder for my continuing sobriety.

Thanks for listening. What did you all do "thinking" AL would enhance rather than detract.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

What a waste!

I can add to that for me:
    balancing checkbook/paying bills
    grading papers
    phone call to Mom every week-end
    sigpic

Comment

What a waste!

This is making me smile. I forgot to mention:
      -Going to church & (yes, believe it or not) Alanon meetings - Was I ever paranoid!

Mary
      October 3, 2012

Comment

What a waste!

One AA meeting that is a complete blurr, and then I blacked out.
        Calling everyone I know so they can enjoy me when I plastered, and the joy of remembering what I did.
        AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
        Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

What a waste!

I've been to an AA meeting (I was sober thank God) where someone was drunk. They went on & on. The members were surprisingly patient. Mary
          October 3, 2012

Comment

What a waste!

Oh, Kitkat - I am glad I am not the only person who has been to an AA meeting drunk!

Comment

What a waste!

Yah that one was hard to get out, but it reaffirms my need to stay AF.
              And there are other moments I'm not proud of.
              AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
              Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

What a waste!

Oh, there are many I am not proud of either!

To never repeat theme again!!!

Comment

What a waste!

KitKat & AFM: I hope you don't think I feel superior that I was never drunk at an AA meeting. The only thing that held me back was that I knew the AA members would sniff it out ASAP (both literally & figuritively). There was one Alanon member who did say very pointedly "Mary, are you all right?" She was a double-winner (both Alanon & AA member) & KNEW regardless of how hard I tried to hide it. Mary
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                  X