What I've learned so far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. I've had 12 AF days so far this year. Which is much much better than none. Longest stretch 5 days in a row. Here's what I've learned so far:

2 drinks is fine, but I find it sooo hard to say no to more.

I can't keep wine in the house.

Saying I'm going to be 30 days AF makes me obsess about drinking.

Progress not perfection.

I need something to occupy my time and get me out of the house.

I really enjoy coming to the MWO boards and reading how everyone's doing, realising that there is a huge amount of support available here.

I don't feel like a failure anymore.
    :thanks:

B
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

SB - hats off to you! You have come a long way and are learning heaps mate!
    I reckon One Day At A TIme best philosophy (for me at any rate) as I don't obsess - like you have mentioned, and therefore am not subconsciously setting myself up to fail.
    Keep in the "here and now" and you can't go wrong.
    Any voluntary work (SPCA/Old people/ etc) you are interested in? That could be a foot in the door for productive time occupation?
    All total best to you!
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

hi betty ,you are like many,basically were aall the same,at different levels of couce,ve said to a few here that like to read,look upwww.silkworth,as of now im studying his theory of alchoholism,unbeleivable the knowledge he had after decades of studying aalchohol abusers,note i very rarely say alchoholic,note my findings once proven or named alchohollic,there is a stigmatism with it,also there is a very fine line also between heavy drinker and alchoholic,im not a doctor, here are some findings, ive read the same findinggs years ago when i started wondering of my drinking habits,if a person was to go to a doctor and was honest about Al or drug addictions and haned him or her doctor this list ,what would you think the prognosis would be,1do you notice you drink more then others around you answer yes 2are you beginning to cheat about how much you drink answer yes 3is your work and genral habits being affected by drinking answer yes 4do you eat when you after you drink answer yes 5 is AL essential to to carry on every day duties in life answer no 6are you trying to eny this and getting angry answer no 7are you saying i can stop any time i wish answer i can yes .when i was 30 years old these quetions were put to me at that time it was said if you answer 2 questios wrong you could be with AL problem,as K ap said 1 day, it makes it less confusing, this test idid 24 years ago,i no theres some here that arent 24, i d hate to see anyone go thro waht idid, good luck to you gyco sorry for making this so long

Comment

dam the spellling sucks hahaha hi Kap

Comment

Sweaty Betty;529405 wrote:
          2 drinks is fine, but I find it sooo hard to say no to more.
          Modding is very hard work! Someone posted this quote a while back and it continually pops up in my mind "It's easier to stay out than get out".

I also can't tell myself I can't have something, because then I want it even more. So though I am AF, the door is open but the choice is now mine and I say no.

This whole experience is a big lesson and you will learn a lot about yourself and I truly believe you'll find your way out. :l
          You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Great Post Sweaty....I love your name too!

Comment

Thank you for your observations, Betty! And congrats on your progress!

"I don't feel like a failure anymore." - I'm really glad that you don't. Feeling like a failure is debilitating and rather counter productive, I think. If you ever do feel like that again, please come here and I will kick your butt into the middle of next week :H
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

You are doing Great...I joined in Dec.07 and it took until May 08 for me to begin to learn just a few of things things that you speak about. You've come a long way...baby. or so the saying goes.
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Thanks so much everyone! I'm pleased to report I'm AF today, and someone approached me about a part time job. Will keep you all posted.
                  Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Crossing fingers, toes, eyes.... go get that job (if you want it, that is!)
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                    X