Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi

I have been busy and absent from here. I will try to catch up with everyones news tonight when the kids are in bed. I am back on day 3. After drinking on Sunday I still don't feel the same as I did when I was AF for almost 4 weeks. Since joining mid December I have only got drunk 3 times, which is a bit better than my normal average of around 10 times for the same period. I am hoping for a even bigger AF time to come than the previous 27 days.

Ezz.

ODAT - Wednesday

Good job, Ezz! Keep the flow going!
    Toughen up!

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi, I have now committed to a fellow MWO"er that my date is Feb 9th......that doesn't mean I can drink all I want, it just means that on that date I will take a loooooooootttttt of AF time. I feel good about that. I feel committed to that. I feel like i have support and I can do that. So If i drink from now till then, okay, but once I hit that date....30 days at least. I can do that. I have a plan. ODAT. feels good.
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Happy wednesday ODATer's
        hope all are doing well, & achieving the goals thay have set for themselves.
        I am thinking I may try to moderate for Feb, to get it out of the way, I know I need to try as I will fail & then I can know that I have to be completely AF, it may sound weird, but the idea that I "MAY" be able to drink like a normal person is possibly going to drive me crazy, always in the back of my mind, also I know I might end up using it as an excuse to drink, "ohh I'm ok I'm moderating" & then end up back were I started. I know that some of us can sucessfully moderate their drinking I just dont think I am one of them so I need to get it out of my head. does that sound to weird??? so I am thinking my Moderation rules are going to be be:
        1. no drinking Sunday - Thursday,
        2. only drinking one night of the weekend,
        3. no drinking to get drunk, only enjoying some wine to enhance the moment.
        Thoughts & Opinions please People.
        *Witchy*
        Progress, not perfection!!!
        A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hiya odaters!
          Ezzmae: good luck to you and I hope you reach your goal. i would think it would be hard after a long period of af to try to start again - it hasn't happened to me yet so i can't say i have shared the expereience yet!!!!

Same to you universal. I'll be hoping that you can reach you goals as well. Are you saying you are trying to stay af until feb 9th?

witchy woman; i think it is different for everybody whether they can moderate or not. I was just reading a book last night about it. for me, its not so much an option. I do think cutting down is good, because i am an everynight secret drinker, and i totally drink to get drunk and always did, so anything is better than that! So if i only do that once a week, than that is better than nothing. I could never really stop at the first one.

I do know what you mean about finding out if you could moderate. I don't know if other people on this site have found success with that or not. in the book i am reading the vast majority of people with drinking problems did have to quit altogether, but a few of them did manage to control their driking, but i'm talking like way way way down. no getting drunk. just the occassional tipple at christmas and on holiday!

good luck to you and let us know how you get on
          no time like the present

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Jack rabbitt!!!!!! Jack rabbitt~!~~!~~~ sorry Greeny know Im early!!!! I love that saying Hope the daters are well wishing you all the luck in the world take care Love Cap

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Good Morning ODATERS. Nice to see you all up bright and early!
              Sounds like everyone has set some goals and that is great!
              I have realised that I am so much better since being here. I have not had as many AF days as I want, but I have not gotten drunk even near as much as before I joined this forum.
              Uni, I think I am going to pick an AF goal date too and make it for 30.
              Witchy, Good luck with your plan, you will know soon enough if it works. I think that having a plan and voicing it is really a good thing. It will help you to stay strong.
              Happy day everyone!

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Good morning

Welcome to another happy and healthy AF day, all. We had snow last night, so hubby is out clearing the sidewalks and cars before work.

Have a great day, Blanchie, Skinny and all to come.
                Ezz--Good for you on Day 3 and the previous 27. I have been using the new system. Yesterday was 7/29/37 for me--meaning 7 days in a row and 29 out of 37 were AF.

Uni--Feb. 9 sounds like a good idea. Are you vacationing first? Take care with that.
                Witchy--godd luck with the Modding plan. Let me know how you come along--I just can't do it, I know that, but admire you if you can. At any rate, we are here and have your back.

Hoping for a great Wednesday. I have my therapist after work today so that is always a good/bad thing.

Gotta run but will check in tonight.

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

It's another snowy, cold day here. Lots of schools closed, but I think the meeting I had scheduled for today is still on. So, I'm going to have to get in gear here soon. Glad to be HO free, even if it is to fight the elements!

Ezz, I'm on day 3 here, too. I haven't managed a stretch longer than a week yet, so I think you are amazing!
                  Witchy, your plan sounds reasonable to me. It sounds like what a 'normal person' could do. I wish you all the best towards your goal. I totally understand where you are coming from.
                  Skinny, you described my drinking pattern to a "T". You could be me. But since I've been at MWO, I am more like you described, Blanchie.
                  I have realised that I am so much better since being here. I have not had as many AF days as I want, but I have not gotten drunk even near as much as before I joined this forum.
                  It's progress!
                  Uni, I think setting a start date is a good idea. It gives you time to mentally prepare.
                  Delta Moon, Good to see you!
                  UNG, Hope you have a good session after work. I've done some counselling and usually dreaded going. Once I got there, it usually turned out to be pretty good thing.

Have a great AF day everyone, and all to come.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi all ODAT'rs

Just a quick check in as I am rushing as usual. Skinny and all other newer newbies check out Myownwoman's thread over in general. It gave me a real boost and confirmed what I already knew Never Give Up!!

Catch you all later.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hello ODATer's
                      Good to hear everyone is doing well. Ezz and Dill, congrats on day 3. Wichy and Uni best of luck with your plans. It is always good to have a plan. I'm re-working mine today.

Upnorthgirl I know what you mean about to the therapist. I'm always dreading the day I have to go but it ends up being a good session. Good luck with your session today.

Rustop, I read myownwoman yesterday, and found it very inspirational and educational. I think I'll read it again today.

Everyone have a great day.
                      :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
                      ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Good Morning ODATimers -- Nice morning here in Florida where I am visiting. On moderating as opposed to AF, I can only say that for years I tried to moderate. And for all those years I kept getting very drunk. Finally I got to understand that I can't drink moderately. When I have a drink all I want is another .... and another. Been that way since I was 14 yo and had my first beer. So now I am AF for about 6 months and this works for me. Good luck on your plan -- but please make sure that you don't fight the results of the experiment as long as I did, however it turns out.
                        Matt

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi ODATers

Big hello to Matthen good to hear from you again.

Witchy - I'm modding as well, similar plan to you - do need to be really firm with myself though, hoping I can make a go of it.

Love to all before and all to come.

Bx

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Thanks Mad -- so good to see you too, how are you doing.
                            Matt

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Morning ODATers!

Everyone is sounding good.. with new plans in hand and all!

I just had a look at the drink tracker. I had 6 days of drinking in January (not all full out trashed) - as opposed to drinking just about every day and trashed once a week at bare minimum prior to joining MWO in November. So, yes, I can also safely say that I am WAY better off since coming here. Thank you all.

As for moderating - no, I've already proven that modding is not an option for me. AF it is and AF it will stay.
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X