New to MWO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to MWO!

Hi to all.I have been reading some on here, and I find everyone to be VERY supportive.6 months ago ,I stopped a very scarey drug addiction.I go one day at a time,but I am having trouble with the alcohol.I am trying to wean myself(I drink wine),but it almost seems worse than quitting the drug(which was Cocaine).Seems a bit weird,but true.This seems much harder. I hate feeling anxious or nervous,but have read that there are supps that can help some with this. Any info. is GREATLY appreciated,and I will gladly give back what I can info. wise or just be a friend for anyone!:new::thanks:

New to MWO!

Hiya FA, welcome. Yes, I too used alcohol to replace drugs and found it very hard to quit. The anxiety for me was bad for a time and the supps helped me with that. I take Kudzu, lglutamine, true calm and gaba. The anxiety did pass though although it didnt feel like it would at the time..
    Very well done on stopping the cocaine, that is a major undertaking. I know, when I wanted to stop drugs in a way it was ok because the alcohol was there, when I wanted to stop the alcohol there was nothing and that was hard. This is probably what you are experiencing now? You will get through this.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

New to MWO!

Welcome FA! I think the problem is with alcohol is that it's legal. And it doesn't help when (and I only heard this today) clubs have an offer of ?5.99 and all you can drink between 11.00pm and 3.00am. It made me so angry when I heard that today.

Anyway, enough of my rant - looking forward to more of your posts.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

New to MWO!

Hello FallinAngel (I like your name, btw! lol) & welcome!
        Make yourself at home here, I'm sure that you will find great support & meet lots of new friends... congratulations on your quits! :goodjob:
        AF 6 years
        NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

New to MWO!

:H:H:H

Bet you freaked for a second!
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

New to MWO!

vlad;531384 wrote: :H:H:H

Bet you freaked for a second!
            Me...or her???? LOL
            AF 6 years
            NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

New to MWO!

almost as confusing as when I posted right behind limers one time! lol

FA-I quit cocaine almost 20 years ago but always knew alcohol was my real drug of choice. I agree with Vlad about it being legal. Not very long ago I told my husband it would be easier to stop drinking if it were just illegal.

I have 10 AF days and I didn't think I was going to make it through the first 3. I don't know if I would have if I hadn't come here and ranted and raved. But people here told me it would get better and it has. I know I have just started my journey but for the first time in years and years I'm feeling hopeful.

so I'll tell you what I was told-come here oftern,read alot,post,and lots of deep breaths. You can get through this.
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

New to MWO!

Welcome Angel - pretty soon you'll have to change your name to RisingAngel

I can't say anything about Cocaine, but heck, quitting the AL is bad enough for me. I'm lucky, I don't really have much anxiety - I did get the supplements but am rarely taking them.

I'm sure, in time you will find what works for you and I look forward to hearing more from you. Best of luck!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

New to MWO!

Hi fallin,

I used cocaine and stopped, too. It's so easy to get AL (alcohol) and that's what makes it harder for me. Plus it's so socially acceptable and almost expected. The best supps for me for anxiety are True Calm, Tryptophan, Calms Forte and, at night, melatonin. I'm also enjoying reading which helps me to relax. I now drink tea, too. Used to only drink coffee but there's something about the act of making tea and sipping it I find calming.

I'm so glad you're here. :h
                  Becoming
                  "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

New to MWO!

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!

Thank you all SO Much for all of the great and warm welcome and replies.Sorry about the screen name Fallen! lol....I guess I didn't see you when I started.Lately I havn't seen much,as I have been feeling like crap....but I did go to the store,and bought some of the supps. I had previously found a great forum when I was desperate to quit the coke,and though It took 3 tries,I can say the friends I made and the support was awesome....just seeing all of the posts tonight made me feel again like I will have a GREAT shot at "rising angel".I will be on daily at least once or as MUCH as I can.This seems like family.Congrats to all who are doing so well and to those like myself who want so much to want an AF life.....at least we can admit there is a problem and thats the first step!:happy:feelin better already! Much LuV-Fallin

Comment

New to MWO!

hey

Hello....and welcome....as you can see, plenty of love & support around here. I'd like to invite you to the Newbies nest thread.....very comforting place for newbies like yourself.
                      All the best,
                      Renewal

Comment

New to MWO!

welcome and glad you found mwo .. its a great place for surport just kick back and ask any and all of your question good luck and remember
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

New to MWO!

One day at the time

Today I decided to go AF for good. I will do my best to stay AF until I get the book and my starter supplement... I am just hoping I will the support I need with MWO.. because AA was not for me..I mean well for the program... buy I was not comfortable and I want to do more discreetly...in my own home. I find also that they are good people in this group but some are very sick they have all kind of issue that don't have.. I just need support to stay of the booze for good in my own home. I have great support at home too... but I will need u too.
                          sigpic Brand new

Comment

Working...
                          X