Newbie Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Question

Hi All- and again thanks for the many positive posts. started some supps. but guess they havn't kicked in yet.Here is my question....can you "wean" yourself (I have been doing that) or do you just have to CT it? I guess I didn't realize how much I was drinking, b/c I am down to 3 glasses of wine a day and I feel like I have some withdrawl symptoms.I will do what it takes...just extra hard, as I homeschool my son,and I can't just try to rest or relax until later in the day.:thanks: Hope you all have a GREAT day! I am so glad I found a group of really supportive people! Much Luv-Fallin:h

Newbie Question

I think you can. But you have to be careful. Write down exactly how much you drink and each day drink less. No cheating or fooling yourself. May I suggest using a measuring cup rather than "eyeballing" the amount. Drink lots of water with fresh lemon squeezed in it to help detox. Eat well and often. You can do this!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Newbie Question

Hello again Angel...

If you feel like you have strong withdrawal symptoms, you'd probably be best off talking to your doctor. If it's the usual (a bit shaky, etc.).... lots of water and get yourself some comfort food, too.

I think many here have weaned themselves down and from what I've heard it's a very common and widely accepted practice. Again, if possible, you should seek your doctor's advice.

Good luck and please keep us posted!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbie Question

Good ideas!

The response time here is GREAT! Again,so glad to have found you all. I didn't know if weaning was optional,but so far I don't look forward to to afternoon wine.I am drinking LOTS of water(Lord , keep me by the bathroom) !!!!! I like water, but don't usually drink this much. I have some Calms Forte, L-Glut.,primrose,milk thistle, tryptophan,valerian(for night time),but I still need the Kudzu and GABA,as I have read these are VERY good!Probably the 2 I need the most. will go looking today! You all have a GREAT DAY-and again and always THANKS!!!!!!! it's amazing what the right support can do! :thanks: Luv-Fallin

Comment

Newbie Question

Hi hun, I would say go cold turkey personally. I always found that i couldn't wean, i would just say, i'll start tomorrow.
          Many people have withdrawal. You need to remember you've abused you body for years and it's your body detoxing and i always say 'getting it's own back'. If they get bad then you do need to check into hospital but if they are not bad then just hang in there. It'll take A LOT of will power even with the supplement but it can be done. Good luck. Keep us posted!

Comment

Newbie Question

Angel

Okay--your name confuses me, I admit it! Falling--Fallin--Remember--i am getting senile--but at least we have lots of angels here. yet still-no ANGEL EYES, one of my fave songs!

Anyway, regarding weaning or detox or whatever. I spent a full day in the bathtub, constantly adding more hot water. I drank about a thousand gallons of water (what? Me exaggerate? Silly girl!) Mind you, I had my first "drunk" only five years ago! yet I went full force. Withdrawal--or whatever--is difficult at best.

Do what it takes--showers, baths, exercise, friends for support, us here at MWO....

This is the difficult road (remember the "I walked to school in five feet of snow, uphill, for five miles talk?) they have nothing on us!

Whatever it takes to get you "clean" do it. I promise you--life is so good without AL.

Comment

Newbie Question

Weaning

I hv. to agree with the cold turkery scenerio, unfortunately I am not at that stag.
              However, I recently started the weaning idea. I started a log on Jan 28 '09 and to my suprise 1 short week later the log shows a sustantial improvement.

Not to say I couldn't backslide but so far so good. The end goal is to be AF and time will tell. My log is in a spreadsheet form and automatically calculates amounts. So it's easy to see the progress. In an earlier thread I had mentioned substitutions for AL for example, I used to drink wine while making supper now I mix diet Pepsi and Cranberry juice.

If I feel a craving thru the day Ice Tea while on MWO. That being said the cravings have subsided substantially.

I've asked a about Topamx and Zudzu and other products but I'm not gettng much feedback regarding side-effects.

Anyway what ever way feels comfortable. I chose weaning because I think perhaps the end result will be AF. Seems I've tried Cold Turkey a few times and it didn't grab. Time will tell if substitutes work. Example place hobbies and MWO where AL took over. Sometimes just being away from the apt., house, condo helps alot.

Best to You All
              :l

Comment

Newbie Question

Hey Fallin - Congrats on cutting down, I have substantially cut down from two bottles an night to 2-3 glasses. I have to agree with greeneyes, no cheating or fooling yourself. You can also go to the Drink Tracker forum. I am on all the supps as well except the GABA, I have friends that are only on the Kudza - so try adding that as well. I can not believe what this program and supps have done for me in less than 1 week. The support from these people is amazing! Good luck!
                :new:

Comment

Working...
                X