new here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here....

Hi everyone. I guess I'm looking for a little support out there when it comes to staying on the wagon. I've tried off and on for a few years now. Once I made it 3 months, last time I made it 7 weeks. This time actually feels easier but it's only been a month. My main group of friends are not the ideal support group. They drink all the time and tell me I'm boring sober (I'm sure they don't mean it as bad as it comes across). My gf is very supportive though which is nice and very helpful. Other than her I don't really talk to anyone about it. So basically here I am.... I'm James. nice to be here.
    AF since January 1, 2009

new here....

Hi James, Welcome to you! Well, one month is a very good start! The support here is incredible, I find it really helps just to be able to chat about feeling on a day to day basis. It helps keep that resolve ticking over! There are loads of different daily threads you could hook up with for example Newbies Nest, ODAT (one day at a time) the AF Daily or the Army thread. Theres loads of support and fun to be had on each too! Give one or all of them a whirl.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

new here....

hi james

you say "only a month" .... i think thats fantastic, ive done one day! well done you. i know how you feel when you say that friends say that your boring sober, people say that to me "your so funny when your drunk" they dont see the damage it can cause in your life, they dont see what happens when you go home and carry on drinking in private and the mess it can get you in. Stick to your guns!

oh and welcome :welcome:

Comment

new here....

If your friends say you are boring sober, maybe they are not really friends. Don't let them be the reason you start drinking again!!!:goodjob:
        RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

new here....

Welcome James!
          :l
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

new here....

Welcome James. :welcome:
            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

new here....

James, our old drinking buddies will ALWAYS say that we are "boring" when we are sober... You have to really want a whole different kind of life than your friends have (you say they drink "all the time"), if you are going to be able to quit the alcohol, and stay quit...

Welcome, read and post a lot here, and you will get a lot of help!

Comment

new here....

Welcome James!!
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

new here....

thanks to everyone for all the kind words and the welcoming. I'll definitely be dropping by daily (I work in front of a computer)
                  AF since January 1, 2009

Comment

new here....

Newbie James

Hi James. :welcome: Sounds like your doing pretty good. Keep it up. I'm 13 days today. First time in a very very long time. Hope to chat with you again soon. :elk:
                    Starting over again
                    ray:

Comment

Working...
                    X