Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK, does your Mate Know you are a MWO Member?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious, My husband has no clue that I am part of the MWO group. Also known as my lifeline to sobriety.
    How about everyone else- do your family members know you use MWO as support?
    DLW
    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
      Today is a Mystery
      Tomorrow is a GIFT

My husbo and daughter know all about it. So does my doc.
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Yep, mine does.
      He asked me if it would be beneficial for him to read through some of it. I said. yes, if he wanted to.
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Yes, he hear's me laughing sometimes when I'm at chat. He knows I talk about him to you all and I talk about my friends here to him. He's very supportive although sometimes I realize he wants my company though he doesn't say anything. He keeps bringing me pop while I'm on-line etc.

Comment

I don't have a husband, but my boyfriend doesn't know. He doesn't even know I'm an alcoholic. I'm that good at hiding it from him and everyone else. I like to drink ALONE. Not drinking at social events is easy - I struggle with alone time and bordom, but I'm doing really well. I sometimes think I should tell him and maybe he knows and just doesn't say anything to me. I guess time will tell.

Comment

Hubby and I are connected at the hip and at the heart...he is very much a part of the MWO family.
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

My husband knows.
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

hi, mine knows ,dont kid yourself partners no about AL,they just havent a clue what to do,ive even gone as far as talking with my wife of her drinking,theres an old saying whats good for the goose is good for the gander,even are partners have stress, and were probably the biggest one,trust me it scares them to death,imagine yourself looking at you,cant hide it, it will catch up,some even think your having affair,id rather have an on net affair,then the one i had with AL,just rambling dont mind me its a weekend,have a good one gyco

Comment

I haven't told my husband ... and he's never said anything about my drinking. Most likely because he knows if he did, I'd say the same about his smoking. Although, I have asked him to please stop. He did for 9 months after being ill with pneumonia, but started up again. As much as addiction as AL.

I haven't admitted to him how hard it is for me not to drink .... I've always just said I love the taste of wine. I don't think he knows I'm onto a 2nd bottle in an evening. I'm the one who buys the liquor/wine/beer for the house as he doesn't drink very much at all.

As a result, I have to keep my postings here to when he's not around, or he's in his office.

Comment

My hubs knows, he is very supportive...just as well really as i spend so much time here...he likes to know whats going on with everyone too, so its good. At the beginning he was a little wary, but he can see how much I have changed for the better so he's fine with it now.
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Yes mine knows that I have a spot that I can talk about this with others and that I feel it helps me.

He is a little unsure of it all though but he is a bit of a control freak.

Sammys

Comment

Yes, my son does too and loves oney's arse!
                        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Nope, not that I'm aware of and I am Not ready to tell him.

On-line with MWO is the one thing I CAN control. Perhaps, once I get things back on track I'll tell him.

The MWO site is like a new lease on life for me. And to be very frank, until I actually started coming here I just kept telling myself I really don't drink that much. Look at the 'talk shows' on TV. I am not even remotely close to being that far gone.

But then Reality Bites and I do some soul-searching and I realize I want a New Me Back - like when I was 10, 17, 26, 38 and even a few short years ago.

I am still searching for all the reasons. And unfortunately there are many; I will find them (no matter how ugly). In Gods Time Not Mine!

I just know how Greatfulllll I am to have this web-site and the ppl. to come to for support.

Place a Humungous Smilie here

Comment

My husband knows and is very supportive. As he was my drinking buddy I think that sometimes he is feeling a little lost drinking by himself. He drinks less than we when both drank together. But lucky for him he can have a few drinks and walk away.

Comment

No one in my family knows. I'm shur my husband (soon to be ex) and a few people I'm close with know I'm trying to get my problem under contronl. However, none of them think or want to realize how bad my problem is. Only now I'm starting to wake up and see how it affects me and everyone around me.

Good Luck To All!

Comment

Working...
                              X