Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Starting Out

:new:

Hi. I have been reading blogs on this webiste for the last 4 hours and I am inspired to change my bad drinking habits. For the first time ever I feel comfortable in saying I have a problem and I need to do something now before it gets further out of control.

My problem is binge drinking. I can go days without having a drink but find if I do go out with friends I will be drunkest person there and almost every time have memory loss. I went out on Friday night with just a few friends and what should have been a very pleasant evening.......but I don't remember it. I do recall getting home and falling on my kitchen floor and ended up with bruising to my shoulders, head, leg etc. I was unable to get out of bed due to my massive hangover.

I am so worried at the moment, not only because I have no idea of what I did while I was in public, but I have reached a point where I am passing out which obvioulsy is not a good situation to be in.

I would like to be one of those people who can happily go out and have 1 or 2 drinks, but I have no brakes and just keep on drinking.

This is day 1 for me and I have poured all my alochol down the sink. I feel so ashamed of my behaviour and disappointed in myself.

I hope the support and information here on MWO can help me.
    "You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." Mary Pickford:h

Just Starting Out

:welcome: Blinder! You have come to a great place. You will receive lots of help here and with this support, and your effort, you will reach your goal!
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Just Starting Out

Thanks dill! I appreciate your message of support
      "You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." Mary Pickford:h

Comment

Just Starting Out

I just put my post on the site at the same time as you, blinder. I too am committed to change. It's a New Year and I'm excited about this. I feel like I am finally seeing the light.

Comment

Just Starting Out

Welcome to MWO blinder and Hope36. There are a vast amount of tools available here at this website along with a number of stories, probably you will find some that sound just like your own.

Most people will recommend that you download the My Way Out book and make a plan for yourself. That way you will have some direction on how to get started on your journey to sobriety. There is also a thread called "Toolbox" that resides as a sticky in the Goals section under the Monthly Abstinence Thread. It has some good ideas on how to make a plan.

Also read and post, there are some good threads for new people, Newbies Nest, One Day at a Time, the Army Thread, one or several will resonate with you just jump in, don't be afraid to ask questions. There is also a chat area, if you need to chat just post, someone will usually be around and jump in. There are people from all different time zones here.

Glad you found your way here. :welcome:
          vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Just Starting Out

Welcome Blinder and Hope!

Glad you found your way here.... and are on your way out
            Can't add much to what Cyclefan has suggested... he said it all !

Best of luck and success to both of you!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Just Starting Out

:welcomeitto on cyclefan. 2 weeks AF. Hope to here from you soon. :elk:
              Starting over again
              ray:

Comment

Just Starting Out

welcome to blinder and hope. A binge drinker here. And this site has certainly helped me. I have managed periods of AF only to blow it by trying to have 1 or 2 drinks. I wish that I could be happy with drinking just 2 and stopping, but I can't stop. There is a lot of support here for the taking.

Comment

Just Starting Out

Blinder, I am a binge drinker too only I do it privately at home. Only my husband knows how I get. I have so many nights that I don't remember what I did or did not do. I'm new here too. These people here are wonderful. Post and post and read and read...that's what's helping me.

Here's wishing you the best of luck......PM me if you want to talk.
                  RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Just Starting Out

Welcome Blinder and Hope
                    Another binger here. I put together 70 days and then went on a four day bender. I cannot touch that first drink.
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Just Starting Out

Welcome

I am glad you have decided to join us, Hope and Blinder. This is a fantastic place for love, support and acceptance. We have all been there and we all struggle. If someone slips, help and encouragement is there--no shame game. We will cheer like crazy :cheering: for any success. One day at a time, hey?

Comment

Working...
                      X