Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Monday

Good morning ODATers!

It's a very different morning here in the UK - we've got snow:goodjob::goodjob:

Makes a change from rain and fog and for that we are grateful - of course also it means that most of the country grinds to a halt as we're not used to it....... but it looks really pretty.

Had red wine on Friday night and both husband and I said "omg this tastes so strong" and it was the usual bottle we like - must have been the AF days we've been stacking up which is a good sign I think.

AF yesterday and today also, hope you're all coping, enjoying every day life ODAT!!!

Bx

ODAT Monday

Good morning Mad Mummy, thanks for getting us started today! Hey, good for you on the snow. That would be a nice change from rain and fog.

I successfully modded yesterday for the superbowl, but it wasn't really worth it. It was too much effort. I think AF is much easier than modding for me at this point. I'm not going to do that again for a long, long while, if ever. I am re-evaluating my goals.

Anyway, have a good day all. Hope we all meet our goals for another day!
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ODAT Monday

Hi Mad Mummy and all to come

Lots of snow here. I miss when the kids were young and you just kept them at home for a snow day. My second daughter started exams today and the other one work experience so we had to brave the elements. I spent 2 and a half hours in the car this morning. Traffic was at a stand still. However, I got them both there and hopefully will get them home again. You cant really enjoy it when you have to travel in it and we are not geared up for snow like in the US and Canada.

Thankfully I had an AF night last night, can you imagine 2 hrs stuck in traffic with a hangover!!! Hope everyone has a good week.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT Monday

Hi everyone!

Snow in England is unusual, isn't it, Mad Mummy? It IS so pretty - but I won't see it here in Florida...

Dill - modding doesn't seem to be an option for me, either. I used excuse of visitor for a few days to overdo (probably made a fool of myself! Will I EVER learn?????)... Then used excuse of "feeling bad" because he left to continue to drink. Stupid.

No booze in house - and have to keep it that way. I went 2 weeks a week or so ago... and I have to look at some serious AF time again. Starting w/Today.

Feeling pretty disgusted with myself. Not a good feeling.
        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT Monday

Hiya Mad Mummy!

From the sound of it - you & hubby are in this together? That's great. Me? My hubby not even aware that I'm looking to this site for support and help. He knows I drink too much but probably doesn't know the extent of it even then. Well done just sharing a bottle of red together on Friday and AF Sat & Sun - very impressive! Are you using any supps at all? Snowy here, also, "up north"!!! so got girls home today so will be just dipping in and out of the website today. I'm now trying for Monday - Thursday AF and steady-eddy away Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Mind you, saying that, yesterday we had a family meal with the in-laws and ended up having 1 & 1/3rd bottle of white, 1 large glass of red - and I could have carried on! That's always been my problem - not knowing when to stop! Anyway, it's now Monday, the start of another week and I'm committed today to ODAT. Tomorrow is another day and yesterday has gone. Today - ODAT. :l

Comment

ODAT Monday

Good morning--

running late today so just a few secs to pop in and say hi.
            Good job on the weekend everyone. Talk to you tonight.

Comment

ODAT Monday

Hiya Savon!

Oh, just read your thread - don't beat yourself up. We've all done it, been there and got the tee shirt. You can't move forward if you're beating youself up. You know you can do it - Crickey - 2 weeks - can't remember when I last did that (probably being pregnant actually) so well done. Start today - ODAT. Once you've done today, start again tomorrow, and the next and the next. Don't feel disgusted with yourself - love yourself and give yourself a big hug!!!:l :h

Comment

ODAT Monday

Thanks, Photogirl. I guess we don't die of embarrassment, we just FEEL like dying.

I know I have to just dust myself off, and get on with it.

Somehow.

Have to also remember that I really DO feel good/better, get more done, etc. when I don't drink...
                Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT Monday

Hi all ODATers
                  Day 2 for me; still feeling like crap, physically and emotionally. All I can do is move forward. My daughter told me yesterday than they were about to do an "Intervention" on me. I locked myself in my bedroom for 4 days and did nothing but drink. Guess what? None of my problems went away. I am definitely goin to be AF today. Wishing all of you strength.
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT Monday

Good Morning!
                    Is it ok to post here on ODAT...or is this just for people going AF, not moderating??? Cuz I've been moderating and have been doing suprisingly well. Again yesterday, Super Bowl and all...I had...I'll say 2 beers...I dumped the last part out but I'll count it...I don't know what it is...I LOVE dumping them out...weird..it's like a power thing I think...yeah I have control issues on top of everything else..LMAO!! But hope all is well with everyone and everyone to come!! Happy Monday!!
                    "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                    7/29/12

Comment

ODAT Monday

SD - of course you can post here - it's for everyone.

Sea, I'm sorry you are having a rough time - you are right though, the problems are still there, drinking will not make them go away.

Today is my day one of my run at 30. I promised myself, my BF and another friend that I was doing an AF month. My choice, no one asked me to and actually my BF is like Okay, if you want to but I don't think you need to - I need to for me though - I really want that cleanse of my body.

So wish me luck!!
                      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                      :h

Comment

ODAT Monday

Hi Everyone. I used to post fairly often months ago, but I am ashamed to say that I decided that I was "too busy" and could do this on my own. I was totally and completely wrong. I am still drinking wine as much as before, but I really, really want to cut down to almost nothing. Or abstinence. My job is so completely stressful that I am just having my wine to de-stress. And it doesn't help. I need help and am hoping that I will be welcomed back. I am tired of being tired. I want to get healthy.

I hope to talk with all of you soon. Be well and happy.

K
                        "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

ODAT Monday

Good morning everyone.
                          Day one for me again. I wonder if I will ever learn. I am pretty discouraged today. Had an argument with my husband last night and he made a really mean comment about my drinking. I deserved it and I am thinking that it will actually help me.
                          KB I can sooooo relate. I am tired of being tired too.

Comment

ODAT Monday

Lots of folks wrestling with the monster AL today; I hope you all achieve your goals. Welcome home KBCE! We are glad to have you back!:welcome:
                            Matt

Comment

ODAT Monday

Welcome KBCE!

My HB and I had a great time at a friend's Superbowl party yesterday. Ate tons of food and drank too much AL. So, we agreed to both do a 7 day AF stint. I'm so happy, usually I have to do this on my own, well, I mean I have you guys of course! The fact that he's doing it with me means so much. We tried this once before and he lasted 3 days, I made it to the 7. Yup, the dreaded day 4 got to him. So, I'm really looking forward to this week.

We're all in this together, huh? As long as we stick together and help each other we'll be ok. I'm glad you're back, Sea. I was getting worried about you.

Take care,
                              Be
                              "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Working...
                              X