Temazepam Benzo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temazepam Benzo

Is anyone else on Benzo's? I've been taking Temaze for over 4 months. Originally prescribed for sleeping when I broke my shoulder. And yes, I was drunk when it happened. It's only supposed to be used for a couple of weeks at the most, but now I can't get to sleep without taking one. It's only 10mg and has a short life of 4 hours. I wake up after 2 hours, but can get back to sleep. I wake up feeling groggy every morning and that lasts for an hour or two. Does anyone have any experience at getting off these things? Or can suggest any other sleeping aids that are not addictive?
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Temazepam Benzo

Have you tried Valerian? Its herbal and is supposed to be good for sleeping. I also take the supplement True Calm and Gaba, these seem to help me relax too...
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Temazepam Benzo

panicked,

I don't have any experience with either one of those drugs. Maybe you should talk to your Doctor about this problem. He should be able to help you wean off.

When I was withdawing from AL I also had some trouble sleeping for awhile. But now am sleeping much better. Maybe this is also part of the problem.
      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Temazepam Benzo

Thanks startingover. Yep, I tried Valerian years ago, but it did nothing for me. Zilch. Don't know if I can buy True Calm and Gaba in Aus. It's actually not that I can't relax. I just cannot fall asleep. A lot to do with menopause of course, but now I'm addicted to the benzo I think. Doc keeps prescribing it, even tho I've voiced my concerns and won't suggest anything else.
        Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
        AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Temazepam Benzo

Thanks lilmea, but I couldn't sleep when I was drinking either. Unless of course, I drank so much I passed out.
          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
          AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Temazepam Benzo

Well, benzos are addictive, so yes, you probably are addicted to the stuff.... and the fact that your doc keeps prescribing it is not necessarily a reason to keep taking it, is it? For that reason alone, I'd switch docs, if I were you...

As with other addictive stuff, the solution (if you really want to get off of it) is probably to tough it out without it, until your sleep cycle gets re-set... Not fun, but do-able. I have never taken benzos (and I am grateful for that, because they are not easy to stop), but my own sleep was a mess because of alcohol and it took me a couple of months, AF, before I was getting a good, regular night's sleep...

Comment

Temazepam Benzo

Hiya Panicked. Be careful coming off benzo's. You might be ok on your own, but i know withdrawal can be dangerous in certain cases. Might be a good idea to do some research, and get other professional opinions. All the best.............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Temazepam Benzo

yo pan,ive been on everything but,street drugs,i was very fortunate,i dont have an addiction problem to drugs,or have a problem getting off of them,ive been on every pam you could think of,lorazepam,clonazepam,diazepam to just name a few,there used ,in Canada to ween you off,AL.many or most clinical doctors will suggest and put there patient on them,the thing is when we see our doctors were not honest about the drink we consume,i very rarely disagree with people here, when you see your doctor next time be straight forward about your drinking,in most countries you dont drop a doctor,specially in Canada,or Ontario,as far as sleep now,i get at least 6 hours a night,took years for me to regain my pattern,it also took me years for my drinking to get where it was,last but not least,as far as i no one of the only ways that one can treat a person with a drinking or drug problem is someone that has one themselves,i do hope you have an understanding doctor,mine dropped me when i feel i need him most,only cause of the lack of knowledge,gyco so much for professionals

Comment

Temazepam Benzo

Hi Pan
                  I have been on and off off benzo's since the 80's. I hate the feckers. I become immediately dependent. In rehab, they said that benzo's are just a solid form of Alcohol. Benzo's must be tapered down slowly. Seizures are a risk. I would do it with a doctor's guidance. At one point, they gave me Phenobarbital to get me off of Clonazepam. Not so sure that was a great idea, because all I did was nod out. I am a Registered Nurse with alot of experience in this area, both personally and professionally. Feel free to PM me if I can be of help.
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Temazepam Benzo

Thanks very much for the advice from those who actually KNOW something about Benzos and their dangers. And it is almost impossible to find a doctor, let alone switch. It is dangerous giving advice when one does not know the medical facts WIP.
                    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                    AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Temazepam Benzo

Panic.. your not in the clear at all!!! How can you say your sober and taking Benzos? I'm sorry, that is something that is totally against the rules of sobriety. Your replacing one problem with another. OMFG.. seek professional help! If you ever add booze to your Benzo, god knows where the hell you'll end up.

Comment

Temazepam Benzo

hi rip and shes rt pan,i mixed both,when i was 16,a century ago,hahha,i did acid,lsd,once,itwas better then the acid,you have to be very careful with the meds your perscribed gyco

Comment

Temazepam Benzo

Gyco..

Oh well, we live and learn. Its dangerous thats all i can say. It used to be standard procedure years back in rehab to hand someone sedative, only to mask the problem. whatever works temporarily, it is not a solution .. just my one penny of wisdom. :l

Comment

Working...
                          X