I am NEVER going to drink again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's it. Last night was the last time i'm ever going to drink. I am never ever drinking again. That's final. Done and dusted.
    I know people say never say never but i've tried doing 30 days and t the end i'm like what now... I've tried to mod and well that doesn't work so i'm sitting here promising i will NEVER drink again. No slips, no screw ups, no failing, no giving up, no excuses just never drinking again. Not going to even think about it. Done.

I start my new job in a couple of weeks. I'll be out the house with people, i'm a student midwife. It's what i've wanted to do for YEARS so today is the start of a new life for me.

Never drinking again. It's going to be hard but there is NO other way. SO THAT IS THAT!

Michelle, that is GREAT to hear. I think once you have made the decision, that is one big hurdle out the way. You just need to deal with whatever comes up in the future. Not easy, but in a way its the same as choosing to take a drink to deal with the problem. In other words, you are going to NOT take a drink so you find another way to deal with whatever crops up.
    Good for you, and there is no better time than with a new career beckoning.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I agree with Startingover, great to hear Michelle.
      Good timing with your new job etc. Try and find another healthy way of relieving stress - jogging, gym, meditation etc.

Wishing you all the best.
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Michelle,

You and I are in the same boat, welcome. I didn't want to be in this boat, in fact I would like to tell myself I am puzzled as to why I am in this boat...but I know better. I knew better last night, and the night before. I got to 32 days...and just felt...like I could handle it. What is up with the amnesia with this? I will be with you every step of the way, we can do this together!!
        My creed; "Be the friend you seek, the spouse yours deserves and the Parent your children need"

Comment

app and lil, you are so wise to come to this decision and I support you all the way. I'm still in the beginning of this journey, too and am confused and sad as to why and how. But we will make it if we never give up.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

lil.mich......we can do this TOGETHER.... Drinking isn't an option for me either. I don't know how to mod....one drink will lead to 10 and then one day of drinking leads to 10. So I just know I can't buy another bottle and I will never drink again. It's not easy, but it's getting easier.

Last night my sister had to go to the hospital. I went to be with her. She is fine and home now, but on a normal Sunday ....I would have already had about 4 or 5 drinks and I wouldn't have been able to be with her. It's things like that that scare me straight! I want to be here for my family and I can't do that if I'm drinking.
            RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

I am with you there, LilM!!!
              *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

aidanspappa;542448 wrote: Michelle,

You and I are in the same boat, welcome. I didn't want to be in this boat, in fact I would like to tell myself I am puzzled as to why I am in this boat...but I know better. I knew better last night, and the night before. I got to 32 days...and just felt...like I could handle it. What is up with the amnesia with this?
                I will be with you every step of the way, we can do this together!!
                Once you FULLY realize that you cannot moderate staying AF is easier. *We* want to believe *we* can handle AL but *we* have no 'off' or 'enough' switch and just sail on to stupid drunk. *We* are just wired differently.

Comment

Lil michelle,

I'm glad to hear you are finally done. I reached that point many times though. What is your plan going to be? I finally had to admit to my wife and family I was an alcoholic. Not sure if that is where you are going, but I have found great comfort and strength since people close to me know. This board is a great place but you may find in neccesary to get" human" not cyber help. Just A thought I wish you the best. My wife and I have not been this happy in a long time!!!!!!!!!!!
                  PAW:nutso:

Comment

Hi. My husband and family already know. My plan is to just not buy it.
                    I found things like gardening and doing puzzles help keep my mind of drink. There really is just no more drinking for me ever. I'm done with it!

Comment

Lil Michelle - I admire your resolve!! You can do it.
                      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

:yougo::yougo:Sounds like you've got the right attitude Michele. GO FOR IT! New job. New you. New life. :yougo:
                        Starting over again
                        ray:

Comment

Good luck to you Michele. I so envy you your resolve - I know you can do it. I have never managed more than 4 days AF so 30 days is awesome. I so wish I could join you and say I'm NEVER going to drink again. I am certainly going to try.
                          Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Good for you, LilM--I want to do the same, so let's do it together.

Comment

my first goal was 60 days and i breezed threw it. then i was CLUELESS what to do on day 61. but my "friends" sure had enough ideas. they were eagerly awaiting on my doorstep. bottle in hand. wow huh?
                              i am starting out again and i agree with you that i don't think moderation is going to work for me either. best of luck to you, stay strong, i think it is easier to have none than one.

Comment

Working...
                              X