Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT (One Day At A Time) Tuesday

Good Morning ODATers,

20F outside and so cold. The sun's trying to peep out, I hope it makes it. It make such a difference this time of year having lots of sun. Helps to keep the depression at bay.

Another AF day yesterday, went shopping with my daughter. One thing about the recession, talk about deals. Jeans, sweaters for $3.97! She's on cloud 9, my wallet is on cloud 9 so it's all good. Bought another book as I've been a reading machine lately.

Today's going to be busy at work but I took a lot of advice from here and I'm getting a facial! It was a Valentine's Day present from a year ago I never used (I know, dumb) and I have to use it by the 14th so I'm going today. I'm so excited!

I hope everyone has a good day, meets their goals and is taking care of themselves. :l

Be
    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

I made it to 2 weeks AF. Woo Hoo to me!!!!! If I can do it others can!!!
    RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Great April !!! And enjoy the facial Becomming. Beautiful morning in Florida. Hope you all have a wonderful day!!
      Matt

Comment

Congratulations, April!! :goodjob:
        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

I am still trying. I go a day or two, then I crumble. I am embarressed to say that, but, I figure if I am honest, someone may have some advice that will help. I have never been able to be so completely openely honest about how much I drink. I can say that each week, I drink less when I do drink and I dont get drunk every time I have a drink. There have been times that I have even been able to stop. My goal is still to do a month AF.
          Wow April, You are an inspiration to me! 2 weeks is amazing!
          Becoming....Way to go girl!
          Matt, It is always so good to see your possative, compassionate posts.
          Happy Tuesday everyone to come!

Comment

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been on lately, it's been crazy around here.

Blanchie - I used to go through the same thing. I still have been lately but it's getting easier. Just try to take it ODAT - also lemon lime water really helps I find (as do others) it has that tart taste but is also quite good to cleanse. And you're making progress - you are doing better than before you were here so that's something.

I hope everyone has a great ODAT day. I know I for one will not drink today.

Love and hugs,
            Uni
            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
            :h

Comment

Hi all ODAT'rs

Well done April, you should be so proud of yourself. Blanchie, you are like a lot of us. Some run into a problem after 4/5 days. It started like that with me and then I did manage to do 30 days a few times and then slipped. Still have not managed to stay AF beyond 6 weeks but am getting loads and loads of AF days. Up to joining MWO I was drinking every single day for about 15 years.

I have been put off posting in the abstinance section as it seems to be all or nothing approach and you feel so bad posting that once again you slipped. That's why I post here and take it ODAT. The alternative is to leave MWO and go back to drinking every day and I dont want that. Hi to everyone else, bright and sunny here but still snow on the ground.

Rustop

Comment

Good Morning ODATers!!
                Here goes Nothin:
                Becoming, I've never had a facial...I'm not even sure what exactly all is invloved...is that like in the movies with the cucumbers over the eyes lol!!
                April--2 weeks AF --W2g!!!! THAT'S AWESOME!!!! Today is 2 weeks for me...modding...I've only slipped once but still remained within a beer an hour (had 4)....blah!! Good for you though!!! Kepp it up!!!
                Matthen--you continue to be an inspiration and always seem to have words of encouragement for everyone!! Thanks for being there!!
                Blanch, I think everyone crumbles from time to time...this is a tough process..what is so great about you is you don't hide behind it or cover it up...it is what it is...you are so open and honest about it...I think being honest with yourself is the best way to a successful journey. Plus it sounds like you do recognize the positive steps forward you have made in your drinking...concentrate on those...you dind't get where you are over night...right? Embrace your accomplishments!!!
                Uni-You sound busy but positive...awesome!!
                Rust-Don't leave--all the encouragement and support and stories are helpful not only to everyone here but to you too...you'll be glad you stayed...this place is amazing!
                To everyone to come....Happy Tuesday!!!!
                Biggest Loser is on tonight .....LOVE that show..."What have you done today to make you feel proud." That's the theme song words...cool huh???
                "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                7/29/12

Comment

Rust - you know it's funny - I'm the same - I thinks why you and I still gravitate to this thread even after being here a couple of years - I'm always happy to see you and hear how you're doing!

As for tonight I don't think I'll be watching the biggest loser - I'm not a huge tv person but I really enjoy sitting down with a book - I think my daughter and I will play for a bit, have our nice dinner and then I will send her off to bed and me off to my hot bath with my tea and my book. Worked for me last night and I had a great sleep - going to aim for that again tonight.

Have a good one guys!
                  Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                  :h

Comment

April - good golly and HOLY CoW. Great going.

I "seem" to remember that feeling... well, not so much, unfortunately.

But, again, WOW. SOOO good.
                    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

hey all

UNI--can understand the TV vs. book..love to read. But I do love Loser too.
                      Daughter time beats all, though.

BTW DAUGHTER
                      LAUGHTER
                      why dont they sound the same

SD--gotta love Loser--I actually know some former LOSERS..who still ok great BTW
                      My big claim to fame--

Comment

Working...
                      X