PDA

View Full Version : Zumba!

brightlite
February 12th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I went to Zumba last night....it was great! Worked up a sweat, felt great, long shower, went to bed, slept all night....then in the morning, I woke up had a headache and nausea...felt like a hangover. I feel better now, but Geez!

Determinator
April 12th, 2009, 12:41 AM
ok, I'll bite....what the heck is Zumba?

Niblet
April 15th, 2009, 06:56 PM
that is zambuka is it ?... hmmm... you buy "Zambuka by the bottle"... sorry, not making fun bright... Hopefully Zumba is a newfound workout that will be all you ever need in excercise. All the best :)

brightlite
April 16th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Hi All,

Yes Zumba is a combination of Latin Dancing and aerobic moves. It is tons of fun! It has swept the nation. They say you burn from 600 to 1000 calories for every 1 hour class. One women in the class just started taking it and within 5 weeks lost 17 lbs. Don't be scared....it is for everyone! Although there is only 1 man that attends regularly, there are women from 16 yrs old to 70 years old....so go for it!

MyHeartIsDrenchedInWine
April 16th, 2009, 08:17 AM
It's kind of like a jazzy dance like aerobics class. I have several friends that have gotten injured while doing zumba to the point of needing surgery. I'll stick to yoga : )

Determinator
April 16th, 2009, 10:52 PM
sounds pretty fun! hey, anything dangerous is fun to me ;)

Sweaty Betty
April 17th, 2009, 05:17 AM
Doesn't sound good for those of us who are really really uncoordinated though?? I stopped doing classes in the step era as I just couldn't do the left and right thing.

Bx

MyHeartIsDrenchedInWine
June 10th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Sweaty Betty;594136 wrote: Doesn't sound good for those of us who are really really uncoordinated though?? I stopped doing classes in the step era as I just couldn't do the left and right thing.

Bx

I went to Zumba for the first time tonight and met a lady named Betty who was so sweaty she reapplied additional antiperspirant in the middle of the class!!! Betty was an EXCELLENT dancer! Anyway, the class was fun and didn't seem dangerous so I'm not sure how my neighbor got injured :confused:

I thought it was more fun than drinking :)

brightlite
June 12th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Glad you had a good time MHIDIW.

K9Lover
June 8th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Zumba is awesome! Is anyone still taking it? I noticed this thread is a bit old. That figures, as I'm usually slow in catching on to things. LOL

tantangra
August 25th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Hi K9,
I just discovered this thread. I'm not usually attracted to the fitness threads. I have been going to Zumba classes for a few months now. At the first class I was so unco, I never realised I was such a crap dancer. I have always been ok at aerobics but it has taen me a while to move with he rythm rather than just doing the exercises. I bought a set of DVDs and my husband joins me in a workout when we get home form work. I'm glad we live way out of town so no one is likely to see us through the window. I recon it would look like we are back on the grog. He's been told he dances like a cross between Peter Garret and Elvis Presley.
Tant

Dewdrop
September 22nd, 2010, 03:16 PM
Just recently been to my first zumba class and it was great fun I haven't laughed so much in ages attempting to keep up and in step.

Would recommend it to anyone wanting a bit of excercise that isn't likely to become boring.

Dewdrop :h

Peacefull
September 22nd, 2010, 06:59 PM
I love Zumba, haven't been since January, going to start up again.

EnglishWriter77
January 11th, 2011, 03:44 AM
I went to my second Zumba class last night - it is awesome!

choice
January 12th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I just got back from my first Zumba class.. Oh my!! I was all feet (fast feet!!) I can't believe how funny I looked in the mirror but it made smile from ear to ear. I can't wait to get better at this... as I thought it was a fantastic workout!

Tipplerette
January 13th, 2011, 08:52 AM
We bought an X-Box Kinect and bought the Zumba dance/exercise game that goes with it too. My Daughter-In-Law tried it out last Saturday while I held the new grandchild.. She has danced most of her life and did quite well. I have played with it a bit but tonight and this weekend I will really give it a whirl. Can't wait.

choice
January 13th, 2011, 08:58 AM
I kinda wish I could practice Zumba on X-box Tipplerette... just to get some of the footing down :) Argh... woke up today and my body is so sore from Zumba yesterday!!! I can barely walk ha ha.. Next class is tomorrow... whew! I think this is the least boring way to get in shape that I have ever found.

chelsea
January 28th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Zumba class tomorrow morning.... Love it!

emily
March 5th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I teach it, lol

IAD
March 6th, 2011, 11:29 AM
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn159/iadiaz/wisdom-1.jpg Zumba is a cult ! Ha! (just kidding....) I had the pleasure of watching a Zumba informorcial on one of the TVs at my gym as I was riding the old stationary bike. Ha! (no escape.....ha!)

bungle
March 8th, 2011, 06:32 AM
I've been doing Zumba for a few weeks now and see the benefits already, I never worked so hard even while I was attending a gym, one of the things I love about Zumba is you don't have time to get bored which I found I did at the gym.