has anyone ordered meds online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just starting the program and i ordered the tapes and the supplements and thought i'd just skip the meds because i'm embarrassed to go to the doctor and at this time i'd rather keep this private. Has anyone ordered topomax online? I'm nervous to order meds online, how do you know your not only getting the right stuff but what about the quality? Has anyone ordered from River Pharmacy, i received a flyer w/ the supplements i ordered.
    Also, i'm taking prozac does anyone know if there are any drug interactions? Any info would help, I'm really anxious to start on the program.

thanks to all who reply!

Hi Lexi...

I sent you a private message.....I didn't mention about droug interactions, but if you check:

https://www.epocrates.com/sessionManager.do?type=rxweb&referurl=/online.do&refernext=https://online.epocrates.com

YOu can check there for drug interactions. I am fairly certain there are others on Prozac that also take Topa.

Christy
    AF July 6 2014

Comment

I also ordered my Topa online, from River for me. I have total confidence in River.

Sadly, the side effects of Topa were morethan I could handle, but many have had success with it.

I suggest you read the Topa threads to understand better, and perhaps address, some of the side effects.

Good luck on your journey!

WTE

Comment

River

I ordered my Naltrexone from River. I trust River.
        ?Perversity is the human thirst for self torture.? ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

I have ordered from river many times over the last year and have complete confidence in them.
          There are others that are cheaper but none that I trust more.
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

river rx

I just got my first Rx from River and all appears well! I too do not want ANY medical record of my problem out there!

Comment

do need a prescription to get meds from River? I contacted my promary care physcian for a prescription/she was comfortable to give me a prescription.

Comment

No RX needed to get on line meds....
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

lexi39;568580 wrote: ...Also, i'm taking prozac does anyone know if there are any drug interactions? Any info would help, I'm really anxious to start on the program...
                  I like to use Drug Interactions. It's free and no registration is required. Also, there is a moderate interaction.

Bob

Comment

Online ordering

lexi39,
                    I can't tell you about drug interactions, hopefully others have given you good information. However, I have ordered from River Pharmacy, the one that advertises on this site. I received my meds (baclofen, good for withdrawals and cravings) about two weeks after ordering. You have to sign for your package. It's a legit company and the drugs are the real deal.

I'm in the same boat as you, wanting to keep things confidential, but at the same time needing help. My confidence in River came two fold: They advertise longterm on a legitimate website like this and they will not sell potentially habit forming drugs such as benzos and narcotics - something none of us in our condition needs longterm!

Comment

Chillipepper how are you getting on with Baclofen Have you discussed it with your doc and are you on Prozac or any other medications :new:

Comment

Chilipepper How are you getting on with Baclofen . Are you doing this with your doctor . I am interested in trying baclofen and am currently on Prozac. Are they Ok together.

Thanks

Comment

med online

river pharmacy...i understand they are good . I ordered yesterday.

lexi39;568580 wrote: I'm just starting the program and i ordered the tapes and the supplements and thought i'd just skip the meds because i'm embarrassed to go to the doctor and at this time i'd rather keep this private. Has anyone ordered topomax online? I'm nervous to order meds online, how do you know your not only getting the right stuff but what about the quality? Has anyone ordered from River Pharmacy, i received a flyer w/ the supplements i ordered.
                          Also, i'm taking prozac does anyone know if there are any drug interactions? Any info would help, I'm really anxious to start on the program.

thanks to all who reply!

Comment

baclofen

LostBoy,
                            I wanted a med that was good for both withdrawals and cravings, and baclofen seemed to fit the bill. It is definitley helping me with the withdrawals. It has a benzo effect, giving me a mellow, relaxed state, but little or no potential for addiction (from the research I've read). The jury is still out on the reduced craving effect. I hope it does, because that is the main thing over time.

The only other med that I'm taking is Toprol (beta-blocker) and I haven't had any reaction. I can't tell you about prozac or other anti-depressants. Nope, I didn't go to a doctor to acquire the baclofen. I'm from small town America and the nurses all talk, so I'd rather be discrete. I believe that with enough research and resolve, we can all doctor ourselves for many problems, including alcohol problems.

Comment

I've ordered from Aclepsa and now from Riverpharmacy. I've placed two orders from Aclepsa which I did a couple of years ago. Both orders from Aclepsa came in about three to four weeks, I had to sign for both. Neither was packaged very well...the second actually had a hole in the envelope...I feld like they were actually kind of just thrown in the envelope....the packaging was kind of cheap and I am surprised the package made it to me safely. The quality of the second shipment did not seem to be as good as that of the first. I seemed to respond well to the first shipment and saw a difference. When I started taking the pills from the second shipment it seemed like they didn't have quite the same effect (they were manufactured by a different company).

Now on to the shipment from Riverpharmacy....I received this shipment a couple of days ago. I received this shipment in about three weeks. One of the reasons I chose River is because I've read quite a bit of positive statements about them. The packaging was good..the pills were very carefully wrapped inside the envelope...they were wrapped together with a rubber band and sealed inside a plastic zip lock bag (not scattered inside a paper envelope). The quality of the pills seems to be higher than what I received in my last shipment from Aclepsa but I will soon find out. Honestly, I fell off the wagon on this program a couple of years ago and I'm jumping back on, trying to get it together. I'm up to 150mg a day now.

Based upon my recent experience with RiverPharmacy I would have to recommend them at this point. A little more expensive than what I paid at Aclepsa but Aclepsa only sells 25mg tablets now and they just didn't seem to care to package them very well...and actually the time or two I spoke with them on the phone they just weren't as responsive or friendly as the customer service rep with whom I spoke at River....
                              :boxer:Failure is NOT an option! :boxer:

Comment

Working...
                              X