My Campral journey....but share your jouney too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all..New to the forum but not to recovery. I have never tried any type of medication to help out. So this time I called my Doc and he let me start Campral.

I am taking 666mg 3x a day. I just started last night so I cant say that I really feel any dfferent.
    I am also on Venlafaxine 150mg xr....which is basically generic Effexor
    I am also on Budopropin 150mg xl ..which is generic wellbutrin.

I started taking the anti-depressants last dec. and they were going good but I was sober then too. I relapsed in Feb of this year so for about the past 6 weeks I have been taking them but also drinking and using a street drug.

My goal with this diary is just to note how I feel...how the meds are working and I welcome anyones feedback...In fact I encourage it. I dont want to feel alone.
    I ve been AF for about 40 hours now. I have been a little restless but Ive been trying to keep busy. I have called out of work for a few days for fear of random drug testing....really do not want to lose my job. Also I just need to take a few days to let the Campral get in my system so I can see what side effects, if any, I experience.

I went to the library and checked out a few books and the sun shines perfectly into my bedroom so I layed on my bed in the sun for about 30 mins.

Its friday night..and right now Im a little restless...but I plan on staying home and letting my body start to heal. I am so abusive to my body when Im drinking and using. Little sleep, poor diet...smoking....I just need to start loving my body...loving myself....

I may check in later tonight..not sure if I will write daily...but that is my initial plan...

Also, I have been drinking plenty of water....which is vey important to stay hydrated and to flush toxins out of my body...

Im glad to be here and hope to make some friends. If anyone is farther along with taking Campral please share your expriences. Thx

Well....its about 930pm and I feel much less restless then earlier...Im not sure how to tl whats working.....my anti-depressants or the Campral...but I suppose the Campral is doing its job because Ive just had fleeting thoughts of going out to drink....Ive never really been one to drink at home......

Comment

Day 3 of Campral..I slept ok. I cant say it was a deep sleep though. I have been dreaming alot. I woke up about 830am and suprisingly I have stayed up a few hours. Nomally I wake up roll over and go back to sleep. Not saying I feel great....but I dont feel bad either.

Comment

Day 3..PM
        I started thinking about going to the bar about 3 hours ago....I decided to go to the Park and walk instead. That in itself was agreat idea....however I took a few phone calls that were stressful, from a person that is always stressful...The thing about drinking is that it doesnt take much to get me to want to. Earlier when I started thinking about drinking it was because its such a beautiful day, and I thought how nice it would be to sit outside and drink a few cape cods. Then when I got to the park and had those phone calls it turned into...I need a drink because Im stressed...oh well....

One thing I did do was rid my phone of numbers of people I party with...I only remember one at this point which is a good thing.
        One thing I promise to do is be honest and even if I drink I will write it here. Im hanging in there.

Comment

Davenc,

You are doing wonderfully!!

I can't take Campral because it rips my tummy up very badly. I tried it in rehab and we had to give up because of it.

I do hope it works well for you, though, in my eyes anything that helps with this journey is a good thing.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cinders;577403 wrote: Davenc,

You are doing wonderfully!!

I can't take Campral because it rips my tummy up very badly. I tried it in rehab and we had to give up because of it.

I do hope it works well for you, though, in my eyes anything that helps with this journey is a good thing.

Love,
            Cindi
            Thanks for your support. When Campral didnt work for you did you try anything else?

Comment

Day 4 af....3rd full day on Campral

Slept ok....I had dreams about alcohol. I woke up at 930 and just didnt have the energy I had yesterday morning. So I turned over and slept until 11am....Yesterday I woke right up and had energy...today...not so much. Ive been eating oatmeal (the real stuff) for bfast so maybe Ill get a burst of energy soon. Its suppsed to be 66 degrees here tday and the sun is shining so I plan to get out. Sundays can be rough for me as I normally go to my fav bar and enjoy the patio bar ,especially on nice days......

I havent experienced alot of side affects. The only side affect so far is being itchy and light nausea....

Hope you are all well...:thanks:

Comment

Davenc, you are doing great you know.
                I dont have experience of Campral, but I did find in the first few weeks of detox I was very tired.
                Good for you for distracting yourself with a walk in the park. It will get easier to substitute other activiites for drinking as time goes on....
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

4thday on Campral

Well, I slipped yesterday..but I refuse to be down on myself about it....i will say that I didnt feel the same affect from the alcohol and I dont even think that Campral has anything to do with alcohol effect....So I dont know if it had to do more with just not caring as much about "getting to that drunk place".... I had 4 drinks but just never could get into it. For that I am grateful.
                  I started taking the Campal again this morning and I am going to keep trucking along.
                  I am finding the strength to reclaim my life.....I am worth it and so are you...

Comment

5th day on Campral

Well, yesterday turned out tobe a great day. I did alot of meditation. watched agreat docu on Google Video. It is called Living Luminaries if anyone is interested. Even after m slip sunday night I was in good spirts. I walked a the park and had hamburgers or dinner.I was very tired waking today, but Im up and its another gorgeous day.
                    Reading the forum I hve noticed alot o people saying they experieced "the runs" on Campral. I seem to be noticing the opposite. Ive been constipated. Not fun.
                    Im thankful to be alive today. I realize I am here in the universe for a reason.....I have something to offer the world....we all do. Its not about how much money I make or how big my house is.....those things arent important...its about what am I giving back to the world...the biggest gift I can give is to be at peace within.....that is my goal today.

Comment

One thing I forgot to add earlier was that Ive changed the times I take my dose. Directions say 2 pills 3x daily. I started out doing that in 8 hour intervals...thats not very easy to do . So I take my first dose when I wake up and then every 5 hours after that.
                      Have a happy day.

Comment

6th day on Campral

Well, things are going well. I think about drinking but I havent since sunday. I have been experiencing alot of itching though. Its like little pins are being stuck in me. Its not constant but more common when I wake up in the morning. Its rainy here today and Im thinking about going to a movie this afternoon. Hope everyone is well!
                        I have been using the drink tracker and I love it. I like putting 0 on even before the day is over. It seems to reinforce that I wont drink today.

Comment

6th day update

Great day today. I see my therapist tomorrow. Only the 2nd time. Have alot to talk about.
                          Havent really thought alot about drinking today.

Comment

Day 7 on Campral

well, its ben a good day. I have noticed I dream alot at night...I have still been itchy. I had appointment my therapy appt today. I think between therapy campral and talking with people on forums like this, things are looking good. am going to stat journaling. This has been very helpful to me in the past. I hope everyone is well. We are all winners!!

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                              X