kudzu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kudzu

I ordered some kudzu from a supplement company (not Kudzu Rescue from this site). It says 500 mg per capsule. How many should I take to take the edge off the cravings?

kudzu

Maybe I asked in the wrong forum???

Comment

kudzu

Hi Green, I was taking 6oomg twice a day and that suited me. It was kudzu rescue from here. I believe I could have taken more if necessary.
      Good luck I hope it helps you...it helps me by the way.
      I also take lglutamine, that is my lifesaver too.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

kudzu

Thanks startingover!! I've been taking LOTS of L-glutamine (1,000 mg. 3 times a day) and it doesn't seem to do much. However, many days I have already made up my mind that I will have some wine so I don't let it help me. Pretty silly, huh?!

Comment

kudzu

Err, yep :-)
          With the lglut I take 5000mg (1teaspoon of powder) twice a day. But I also take it for muscle recovery as I am exercising....

Comment

kudzu

Sorry, I'm slow to respond, been gone for a few days. I'd love it if just the L glut and Kudzu would work for me. I know I need to let it. I have been taking other supplements (not related to alcohol consumption). Would other supps affect the effectiveness of the L glut and Kudzu? Should I try them on their own for a while? I'm sorry I am asking you to be a supp. expert, so if you'd rather point me in the right direction to where I might read up more on these supps. I'd appreciate that too!! Thanks!

Comment

kudzu

Hi Green, yes you will still need determination, but for me, those two really did stop the physical cravings, not the mental ones though, that is down to other "work".
              What other supps are you taking? I doubt very much if they would reduce the effectiveness but of course cannot be sure of that.
              Have you tried any other motivational tools? There is an excellent thread in monthly abstinence section called the "tool box thread" this will give you some ideas to put a plan together etc.
              Also, for me, I often use deterrent tactics :-) So reading horrible books about the despair of alcoholism (they usually end well though) or watching a documentary like "Rain in my Heart' or "intervention" on You tube will often do the trick and keep me on the straight and narrow...

Comment

kudzu

Thanks startingover, I am taking Biotin (for hair loss, nothing drastic so I could quit that), multivitamin, L-tyrosine (supposed to level blood sugar and give energy) and a detox (supposed to remove toxins and help you "go") and of course, the L-glut and Kudzu.

Should the Kudzu be taken throughout the day or just when I start getting the urge to drink (usually mid afternoon)?

Comment

kudzu

I take my kudzu first thing in the morning along with lglutamine and then again around 5 pm.
                  I wouldnt have thought the other supps would interfere with it.
                  Give that a go for a while for a while and see if it helps..

Comment

kudzu

Thanks again, starting over. I will give it an earnest go, maybe up the L-glut. too.

Comment

Working...
                    X