Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 week off 6 months sobriety and SO WANT A DRINK - help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:upset:

In one week's time i'll celebrate my first 6 months AF yet tonight for some reason, i'm really struggling, I so want a glass of wine!!! Have had a bad day with the kids, tired , fed up, not sure why it's so hard tonight but it is. I nearly caved about half an hour ago, but then ran an erand to the shop to get something we needed, and feel slightly better on my return, but i'm not out of the danger zone yet.

WHY am i like this - after almost 6 months as well

There's voices in my head saying "you can moderate" "why not just the odd glass at the weekend" etc etc.

I know I cant' - i'll be back to nightly drinking as before if I give in now, but i'm really struggling.

Help me someone:upset:

Sausage, i'm just ahead of you on af time, (just over 6 mths. here) and i had strong cravings the other night too. BUT!... I remembered WHY i stopped drinking, and how good i feel. Why did you stop in the first place?...You must remember this, and keep it at the forefront of your mind. Get your toolbox out right now! Firstly, get out of the house, and go for a run, not an errand, or walk, but a run if you're able, or anothewr walk. Change your headspace and thinking NOW. We both no the end result. Think of your life, how great you look, feel, think of your family, relationships. Are they not important to you?!! You will be throwing away EVERYTHING, for what? a couple of minutes of over rated pleasure! You will lose your self respect, your soul, possibly your family!....Cmon!.....snap out of it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

ditto! Make sure you are fed and hydrated. Add a bubblebath and pjs if you haven't shifted gears by then. Guard your sobriety from the voice!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

greeneyes;601443 wrote: ditto! Make sure you are fed and hydrated. Add a bubblebath and pjs if you haven't shifted gears by then. Guard your sobriety from the voice!
        ditto
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

how are you sausage?
          hanging in there?

gotta get over the hump!

Comment

I don't have anywhere near the AF time as you do. It's wonderful you've made it so far! This craving you are having is just a craving. You can beat it! You must be a strong person to have come this far. So use your strength to get through this!
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi everyone, thank you for your support.

I'm Ok for tonight now, I've had my evening meal and a bowl of icecream, and now have no desire for an alcoholic drink whatsoever. I am however really worried, i've had a lot of drinking thoughts this last 6 days or so, and I'm not sure why , i'm worried about tomorrow evening and what will happen then.

I WAS SO CLOSE TO DRINKING TONIGHT - honestly! It was only the thought of achieving that 6 month anniversary a week today, that kept me going I think,

Comment

HEY JUST DO THE SAME AS YOU DID TODAY COME TO THE SITE FOR SUPPORT.. THATS WHY WE ARE HERE AND WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT AND ALOT ARE STILL GOING THRU WHAT YOU ARE FEELING .. AND YES EVEN I STILL HAVE FEELING FOR AL but i dont take that first drink i come here or go to a AA meeting ... do what ever it takes to keep your sobreity

ps SORRY about the caps still need to learn how to type
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Sausage, i can so identify with that feeling of wanting a drink. In less than a month i will have my one year anniversary and i only caved 3 times in that year. Each time it was only a few day slip instead of a full blown relapse because i had meds to help stop the cravings...Thank GOD that I did cause as I am sure you know that after I took drink number one...the rest just starting taking me. I pray that you will find a way to distract yourself and keep AL from taking another swing at you. Remember he is a really tough opponent to content with and he wants to win...at all costs...even at the cost of your life....I will say a special prayer of strength for you...Well done on 6 months !!! You should be very proud of yourself.
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Way to go, Sausage. You made it through! Stay strong.

Comment

Sausage, you have done so great. Just keep busy to get your thoughts changed like everyone has said. At an AA mtg tonight they talked about the 6 mo point and how it can be a challenging time. So stay vigilant and post, run etc like everyone has said.

If you made it this far, YOU CAN Do IT!

Comment

Sausage - chocolate, chocolate chocolate (but the 'good' stuff). When exactly is your 6 month?

Bxx
                        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey congrats from me for making it through your craving night. Let us know when your 6 months is - you deserve a huge applause for making it to this milestone.
                          Keep strong and don't let those thoughts turn into actions.
                          xx
                          Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Thanks everyone

I'll be 6 months on May 3rd - I'm struggling on, I really want to get there!

Comment

Hi Sausage, so proud of you. I caved last week just after my 6 mo anniversary. 2 days of guilt, misery and a hangover to add frosting on the cake. I am envious of you- You stood strong, and next time I have the craving, I am headed right to MWO posts!
                              DLW
                              Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
                              And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                                Today is a Mystery
                                Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Working...
                              X