Night Sweats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night Sweats

I apologise now if I have put this thread in the wrong place, but I am new here and desperate for an answer. Over the past two years I have suffered badly with night sweats I have tried to research them, been to doctors for tests etc but no answer or antidote as to why I am sweating so much at night and yes I have opened windows, used lighter duvets etc It is to the point that when I wake up my hair is drenched and my PJs (when I wear them ha!) I am too young for the menopuse no thyroid problems, but I have seen that some of you have referred to sweating in your threads and I really would like to know if night sweats can be caused by too much AL?? Thank you xx
    Good friends are like stars you may not always see them but you know they are there

Night Sweats

heya Starlet, welcome to MWO! yes night sweats are a classic symptom of over-drinking. the good news is they clear up in a couple days after going alcohol free. I used to get them terribly! my wife said I felt like a wet oven. ick!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Night Sweats

Welcome Starlet,

Yes, night sweats can be caused by alcohol AND nicotine as well. I found that out when I hit menopause age............. yuck.

Hang in there, everything gets better little by little.
      Lavande
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Night Sweats

Thanks for your replies guys, looks like I may have an answer!! I have been AF for 6 days and I have noticed an improvment. My husband has nick named me sweaty betty which I hate I'll add it to my list of positives for staying AF everything helps to remain focused. Off to athletics today, hope you both have a great day, keep smiling!!
        Good friends are like stars you may not always see them but you know they are there

Comment

Night Sweats

Congrats on 6 day AF Star!!
          The positives always outweight the negatives when it comes to your sobriety -- you are doing so well, keep it up:-)
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
          X