Thinking of going off Naltrexone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been taking Naltrexone since April 4. I have not had an AF day yet. I think I haven't had an AF day because, 1. I'm scared, 2. I think it's a habit and I get bored, so I drink, 3. It's hard not to drink when my husband is popping open a beer.

I have noticed that I'm not drinking as much. My first drink goes down fairly slowly. I"m still getting drunk and not remembering going to bed. Also, the mornings are rough--I feel like such crap and I look like five miles of bad road. Today, I couldn't stop thinking about drinking and I felt like I was going to have a panic attack.

I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I feel like nothing is going to work. I'm going to die of alcoholism or some other disease that's a direct result of drinking.

If only I could get over a hump. I quit smoking a year ago and will never smoke again. If only I could get on the other side of this alcohol thing. Any advice would be sooooooo appreciated.

p.s. I read a thread that said if you drink on Naltrexone, it will damage your liver; is this true?
    Heyme alm:alm:alm:

Have you tried Baclofen ?? There is a good book called "End of my Addiction" by Dr. Oliver Ameisen
    Baclofen may be what you need to help you stop for good ........I used the MWO program along with NAL and Bac and together they helped me and I have one year AF.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Heyme;619577 wrote:
      p.s. I read a thread that said if you drink on Naltrexone, it will damage your liver; is this true?
      No, it is not true. In fact, you are supposed to drink on naltrexone!
      The cure takes between four and six months.

Please visit The Sinclair method to learn more.
      ?Perversity is the human thirst for self torture.? ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Another direct to The Sinclair Method and PROPER use of Naltrexone. Please get the information before you give up.

thesinclairmethod.com • View forum - What is the Sinclair Method?

Comment

Thanks so much for the advice and information. I will read up on things and keep trying. Evie Lou, you don't have anymore cravings? You don't miss alcohol? I'd like to talk to you more about how you acomplished one year! How great is that! I'm sooooo happy for you (and envious). Thanks again for your help.
          Heyme alm:alm:alm:

Comment

i just started Sinclair method yesterday. However, I also wondering about supplementing nal with baclofen, as I have quite bad anxiety at times. Especially in the middle of the night, and I have heard that baclofen is very good with this and is ok to be taken alongside naltrexone, which I dont think the benzos I normally take are. Is that correct?

Evie Lou, any advice or recounting of your experience would be very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X