PDA

View Full Version : couch 2 5K...anyone?

colbe
June 5th, 2009, 07:42 PM
I used to run and race, even did so while I was drinking but I am too old for that now. It's one or the other. Has anyone tried this program "Couch 2 5K"? If not, anyone want to try it with me? I am 9 days AF today :)

cacky
June 5th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Colbe, you're so funny. What is this?

colbe
June 5th, 2009, 09:19 PM
here is the link

I should have posted this at first...

http://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/couch-2-5k-34173.html#post628378

Come on, you joining me?!

Sweaty Betty
June 5th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Colbe - I did this recently, but on a treadmill, am just about to start running outside, I want to do a 10k in August.

There are various podcasts which are great to help with timing and pace, if you want I can find the links.

Why not hop into the June Abbercizers thread?

Bets

x

colbe
June 6th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Sweaty Betty;628459 wrote: Colbe - I did this recently, but on a treadmill, am just about to start running outside, I want to do a 10k in August.

There are various podcasts which are great to help with timing and pace, if you want I can find the links.

Why not hop into the June Abbercizers thread?

Bets

x
Thanks Sweaty! I will when I get back from my run. I just went to good will and spent 10$ on BRAND NEW running bra and shirt...got some shorts and a pair of sneaks that will do for now (Hilfiger). 10 bucks! How cool. I am still dying from the other day, but what the hell...pain is good!

startingover
June 6th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Hi Colbe, I started with a couch to 5k in January this year, I just ran a 10k last monday.
It was brill!

colbe
June 6th, 2009, 02:06 PM
startingover;628771 wrote: Hi Colbe, I started with a couch to 5k in January this year, I just ran a 10k last monday.
It was brill!
Cool deal! I just ran down the road (1 mile and walked 1.5) and I think I am going to die. Man, I am outta shape! I can't wait to race again!!

startingover
June 6th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Try taking it a little slower, I started walking 2 mins, running 2 mins and built it up from there.

colbe
June 6th, 2009, 08:10 PM
startingover;628973 wrote: Try taking it a little slower, I started walking 2 mins, running 2 mins and built it up from there.
Slower...I know, I know. Well, I will be slow tomorrow...in fact I will be lucky to be able to get out of bed! I miss the pain. :)

AllApologies
June 9th, 2009, 05:15 PM
hey Colbe, I'd be really itnerested in doing this with you! I used to race for my school a couple of years ago, but getting out of bed and running in the morning never seems as desireable after a heavy night! I'm modding presently, but would be really happy to join in on the programme, have been lookign for an excuse to get back into running for a long time.