Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've done it again. Where do I go from here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm writing this soo alone. in work drunk again. shit shit shit. I'm going to be soo disappointed when I go to my meeting 2morrow. feeling bad is an understatement.
    5th February 2013......... To sobriety and beyond! :angel:

Dealing with the Beast since May 26th 2009

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.
    Patrick Henry

Nics .. I've been where you are. I wasn't actually drunk at work, but buzzed, and quite well buzzed several times, and with more supplies tucked into my bag, just in case. (We're talking a quart of hard liquor, morning to night, every day.) NOT a good scene. I didn't think I'd ever be sober. But being here brought me around .. helped me know that I didn't have to be like that .. and showed me how to do it with lots of support, ideas, strategies, etc. (Btw, it's still pretty early on in this sober thing for me at this point .. but I'm totally loving it.)

My advice to you right now, and what worked for me, was:
    (a) make lots of notes at work, so you don't forget anything... and
    (b) make a plan to get rid of ALcohol's hold on you... which is where being on this site will help. Read, read, read. Remember things that worked for you in the past. AND - Don't stop trying, no matter what.

Make that plan to take control back from AL. You deserve a happy life. You obviously care a lot and want to make a change - You're here!

You can start right now, or after work, this evening, or tomorrow morning ... have a plan in place to make things better.... it might include shopping for (and taking) supplements, vitamins, warm lemon water, tea.. doing some exercise... deciding whether to taper off or going cold turkey - including a plan to deal with withdrawal/detoxing, whether you think you might need a doctor's advice or meds, etc., or if you're going to do it yourself (I managed it myself) .... In other words, plan now for whatever you think will help you and get started as soon as you can.

Read around the threads and find some ideas and things that you can try right away. You can do this. Don't beat yourself up - Instead, take charge. You can do this.
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

So use that disappointment to your advantage. Two choices, right? Start over again or give up.... I vote for starting over and not being too hard on yourself for this one.
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

I don't know your story Nics, but you're not alone.
        Plenty of us here who have done the same thing, over and over.
        Be kind to yourself. Really kind. Let go of your shame.
        There's plenty to be learnt from relapses, and we're usually our worst critics. Others usually forgive us way quicker than we do ourselves. What meeting are you talking about? Work? AA?
        Sending love and best wishes your way x
        KAYLA

Current attitude towards addiction: Why ask why? Just accept that it is, and go from there ...

Comment

AAthelete is right. Use this as a learning experience- there are only 2 forks in the road. Get back on the right road, dust off your shoulders and start all over again
          You can do it!
          I hit 2 bumps in the road, and thanks to the support of MWO members, I made the right choice. Stay close to the posts for the next couple of days.
          We are here for you
          DLW
          Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
          And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
            Today is a Mystery
            Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Nic....many of us have been right where you are. Today is done. But, tomorrow is a new sunny day!!!! It is yours for the taking. Make it count.
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Nic.... just checking in with you? How did the rest of the day turn out?

Comment

Nics,

You are going to be ok. Just hopefully you can take it easy for a couple of days

Comment

Nic, how are you doing? I missed this yesterday.
                  You wanna hand back up on the wagon?
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hey guys,

Firstly a big THANK YOU for the kind words of support and encouragement on Monday I went into full melt down mode and it was NOT nice :upset:

So here we go again.... rooounnnnnnnddddd 2! Concentrating on TODAY only, and lightening up a little with it. I've also formulated a plan of action should the urge creep up on me again....have a 'code word' with the other half and I'll be posting BEFORE I get to the point of no return!!

Thanks for support you lovely people :thumbs:

Nics x x
                    5th February 2013......... To sobriety and beyond! :angel:

Dealing with the Beast since May 26th 2009

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.
                    Patrick Henry

Comment

All way to go from here Nic is UP....glad you are back and going strong
                      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
                      X