Stupid Cravings Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid Cravings Today

Doing my least favorite thing, laundry. So very boring, would be so much better with a beer. But I know if I drink a beer, it will turn into 10. I will get nothing done, and then tomorrow will be a waste because of the hangover, anxiety, guilt....etc.
    I need to not drink today; I will not drink today.
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Stupid Cravings Today

I just realized that this was the same time my cravings kicked in yesterday. I am ok in the morning and night, but noon-4 is a bitch!

Comment

Stupid Cravings Today

Lukalee,

Well, at least you know a time to be prepared for.

Unfortunately, anytime I was awake was a time for me. I have snuck out of my bedroom at 3:30 a.m. to find my hidden bottle. By 7:00 a.m. I was desperate for hubby to leave so I could sneak out and buy some more. The cravings were awful.

The Baclofen is helping but not completely yet but I hope as I go up, I will get relief from that urgent desire for good.

I hope you find your way out of your cravings, too, Lukalee. You and I have both been fighting hard for our lives and we both deserve to win this one.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Stupid Cravings Today

hi luks,i was gonna call you liks hahaha,one of the greatest things with sobriety is realising whats good about it,it is not easy,we've been numb so much it sucks when your sober,im here for ya,gyco

Comment

Stupid Cravings Today

Cindi,
          We do deserve this. I have that stupid drinking thinking going through my head. "You have done so much the past few days, you can relax; it's summer break, you should be able to do this without guilt...blah, blah>" The only reason why I have gotten shit done is because I haven't drank...duh...If I"reward" myself then I am just playing into the game and doing the same ol' same ol', and I will be right back to where I was.
          Blahhhhhhhh. Thanks for listening. I think I need to find some junk food to shove into my face.

Comment

Stupid Cravings Today

.....Or maybe it is too much to quit both smoking and drinking at the same time?.....But of course this is just the nicotine beast talking....go ahead and have that cigarette. You shouldn't have to deal with that many cravings in one day....Deal with one thing at a time; you're only human.......And I know if I let myself smoke, I will then let myself drink. I must be stronger than these bastards.

Comment

Stupid Cravings Today

Luk,

:l:l

No, don't let the b@st@rds win.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Stupid Cravings Today

Luk, you'r doing great. Good job

Comment

Stupid Cravings Today

Keep it up girl - you can do this. I know, I'm having cravings today too for some reason - not gonna happen - going to beat this beast.

Stay strong!
                  Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                  :h

Comment

Stupid Cravings Today

I think I have made it past the worse (fingers crossed).
                    Cindi,I have cravings all day too, especially with smoking they are like 5 minutes apart, but the ones I have been having midday the past 2 days feel so unbearable (I think it is because they are strong for both). But that's the thing about cravings, they really are just feelings; they aren't going to kill me, but giving into them will.

Comment

Stupid Cravings Today

Lukalee - glad you made it through the worst of the day. You did great! Somewhere WIP had posted something about urge surfing - I think in toolbox? of the ABS section? You might look there for some ideas.

Comment

Stupid Cravings Today

I have an insidious craving coming on. Just that little voice saying, aw, go ahead. Have one. And the trouble with my drinking history is that occasionally I could do that, have just one. A bigger trouble was that, more often than not, I would drink a lot more than one. So, I am just going to go to bed early, and take myself out of the game. Good luck, everyone.

Comment

Stupid Cravings Today

I'm with ya bittersweet; if I could go to bed now I would, but it is only 4:51 here. I'm not really out of the woods yet, but I am going to try to stay busy; maybe some more yard work. What can you do before you go to bed?

Comment

Stupid Cravings Today

Lukalee, take a loooong bubble bath and put on your jammies and brush your teeth. Hang out in a room you are not accustomed to drinking in. Sort through recipes. I have yet to run across a single soul who has their recipes in order. :H
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Stupid Cravings Today

omg. Lukalee!!! I am so happy to see you back. I have been sucking very badly and trying to get back on track. I hope we can help each other.
                              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Working...
                              X