Really need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really need some help

:upset:I am coming off a 2 day binder and am terrified, anxious and depressed. How many times have I been down this road. I can't even imagine how much I embarrassed myself and my husband the other night or yesterday. I woke up yesterday and started drinking again bc i knew i would be in so much pain. I passed outand woke up late last night-just feel absolute shame. I really don't know what gets into me. I know better than this! Why did I do this to myself again? If anyone could give me a couple kind words or stories from their drinking days it would help me feel less alone. Thanks!:upset:

Really need some help

I have failed so many times. Just keep your head up and try again. Learn from your past experiences and go for it!
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Really need some help

Blues, im sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad. Try not to feel so down on yourself. Making yourself feel bad isnt going to help you. Remember that you cant control the past just today.

Comment

Really need some help

Gia, its good to see you again. hope all is well

Comment

Really need some help

thanks so much

Your kind words mean more to me than you will ever know! I'm really hurting and only have myself to blame.

Comment

Really need some help

Blue, it will get better just try to get your mind off of what happened. once you start putting time between you and what happened you will feel better. have faith

Comment

Really need some help

You are not alone blue. I have been there many many times. Waking and not remembering the night before, so drinking to escape the pain. We are without defence against the first drink until we get a plan of action and work it daily.
              Keep Reading and posting. There is much help here.
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Really need some help

Blusey, welcome to a great community, where you are most certainly NOT alone. how are you feeling now?
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Really need some help

Still a bit shaky but better!

Thanks so much everyone!!!

Comment

Really need some help

Hang in there. Get lots of non-alcoholic fluids in you, try to eat, and rest. You can't change what happened all you can do is start anew.

Deep breaths, a long hot bath, and lots of TLC.

So many of us were binge drinkers and understand exactly what you are going through. It completely sucks at the time of coming off of the binge. It does get better. I can promise you that. xoxo

Comment

Really need some help

I've asked myself several times: if I DIDN'T feel all those bad feelings "the day after", I'd NEVER quit!

So think about it that way. If you felt all cheery, etc. after a binge, would you ever even Think about quitting? (I doubt it - at least in my case!)

I think the shame, guilt, etc. is "the universe" directing us to do something different.

(BTW - I Give advice much more easily than I Take it! Sadly...)
                      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Really need some help

Hi Bluesy,
                        Oh I remember all to well how it feels when coming down off a bender. The anxiety and self hatred the next day almost killed me sometimes.
                        Please stay close.
                        There is a better life waiting for you.
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Really need some help

Still hanging in there but still foggy!

Went to an AA meeting today over lunch and bawled my eyes out. I am wondering how long this fog, overwhelming anxiety and body aches are going to last!!! I guess it took quite a bit of doing to get to this point..... its going to take awhile to get past it, eh? The gal sitting next to me said a great thing that is sticking to me, she said sobriety is a better way of life. what a great comment!:thanks: for your replies....they really help!!!

Comment

Really need some help

Blues, i cried for a month straight last december (when things really came to a head). the folks at AA helped me through it. they loved me until i could love myself

Comment

Really need some help

Hi Bluesy, glad your feeling better. I also know how you feel. I whent to an AA meeting tonight, I was told try to forget the past, and just take it one day at a time, you would'nt punish yourself if you were diabetic. You would just take your medication and accept your condition. As alcoholics, the answer is do not take that first drink. I would say take my advice I'm not using it !!
                              Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X