Excessive dreaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excessive dreaming

I did well for a long time and fell off the wagon- i feel strong to keep my resolve, especially since I got my blood levels the other day
    AST (SGOT)-normal levels are (0-40 IU/L) mine was 62
    ALT (SGPT)-normal levels are (0-40 IU/L) mine was 93

i have to go back for more tests in about 2 weeks as my doc was concerned. He told me alcohol or tylenol will do this. ( he knows I'm sure)!

Back to my question: how long does this excessive often disturbing dreamings last? i forgot about this w/drawal symptom

Excessive dreaming

Hiya!

Drinking dreams can be quite disturbing. The other night I woke up and put my hand out for a tin of lager in my dream that was not there. The longest I have been sober is one year in 26 of binge drinking, I was on Antabuse. I still had the occasional drinking dream and they can be quite frightening. Good to wake up though and find yourself safe in bed!
    Becky

One crack at life

Comment

Excessive dreaming

Hi Godfather fan.
      I had weird (and often wonderful) dreams for most nights for about two months. I still get them, but not as often. A lot of people ind them a worry, but I really enjoy the how vivid they are.

Comment

Excessive dreaming

Hi there, Godfather ... Nice to meet you. I, too, got bloodwork done (back in February) and had AST and ALT around what yours are. I think one of mine was a bit over 100 actually. I have been afraid to get it re-done. I did go recently, but they couldn't take me because I didn't "fast" and one of my tests was a glucose (I put one teeny tiny squirt of lemon in water that morning - I shouldn't have told them.. D-oh.) I'd been drinking every day before my first blood test back in February, and the morning of (stupid, I know) and popping Tylenols because I was feeling crappy that week. I've heard pretty bad things about Tylenol lately.

Anyway, you asked about dreaming ... I only had one yucky dream .. very vivid .. about a dog .. it was .. weird. I'm looking forward to hearing more about dreams from other posters. I wonder what happens in people's detoxing brains that causes those dreams anyway?

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards!
        AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Excessive dreaming

I agree with you Becky.
          I had one drinking dream and thought I had a hangover for a few seconds after waking up. It was a relief when I realised.

Comment

Excessive dreaming

GF, I have always had very vivid dreams. The intensity and variety of the subject matter increased when I went AF ~60 days ago. For the first few weeks, I often woke in a complete sweat from horrid nightmares, but I found that the anxiety in my dreams subsided as my overall anxiety did toward the end of the second week. I still have the occasional nightmare but I never wake in a sweat anymore, and the dreams lack the weird, almost crazy quality they had in the first few days post-AF. Hope this helps.
            "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Excessive dreaming

I remember reading somewhere that vivid dreams are a result of blood sugar levels, I believe low. Are you eating well? Maybe it is worth telling the doctor, for sure there are physiological reasons for them
              "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
              Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Excessive dreaming

Hi New Me, not sure if your question was for GF or me, but thanks for the idea. 'Worth looking into.
                "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Excessive dreaming

GF...ive not had the drinking dreams. but i do know people in AA who were given very short timeframes to live because of what they did to their livers from drinking. now many years later.they are healthy because they stopped drinking. if you have a bad health report ...doesnt mean it cant get better

Comment

Excessive dreaming

GF - I started my AF journey 3.5 days ago...no alcohol, some sleep and lots of crazy dreams. I feel good today, but I did have another vivid dream last night...can't remember all the details but when I woke up, I honestly didn't know where I was for some time...in fact, I WAS glad I was in bed and I don't think I could figure it out until I woke up later. I've lived in so many different places in the last 10 years, so I guess I can partially blame it on that. Regardless, I'll take these dreams over no "dreams" and wake up feeling better vs. the hangover. Regarding the blood work...I too need to do this but keep putting it off as I would like to get some solid AF days under my belt first. Maybe I should go in and get a baseline, I don't know.
                    AF since July 8, 2009...

Comment

Excessive dreaming

Popeye;661461 wrote: I agree with you Becky.
                      I had one drinking dream and thought I had a hangover for a few seconds after waking up. It was a relief when I realised.
                      Hi everyone, GF nice to meet you. Pops that exact thing happened to me last night. I was thinking about booze last night but I still find that dream a bit bizzare.
                      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Excessive dreaming

I've had some weird dreams.....then again my reality is weird ! Ha! It's all good.......As long as you don't wake up wet from your dreams....Ha! (Sorry mate..Ha!) Welcome aboard GF.....good help here. IAD.
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Excessive dreaming

:H:H:H IAD shoots and he scores, yet again :H:H:H
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Excessive dreaming

IAD....good laugh for a Saturday! Needed that....
                            AF since July 8, 2009...

Comment

Excessive dreaming

I have had some dreams of alcohol myself. One I was at the pub and I was ordering a tall one Budweiser because I wanted to blow my quit. It was real noisy although it was just three of us in there and the other one was quiet, it felt like the bar had a lot of ppl in it. It took a minute, but I finally got my beer and as soon as I had my first gulp, I felt so guilty for blowing this quit. Then the dream turned into another dream that in that dream I woke up and realized that it was only a dream. The second dream had me at my retail class graduation and my teacher made a mistake and instead of getting lemonade, she got Mike's Hard Lemonade. But in that dream I refused the drink due to having to work later plus because of my quit.
                              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X