Baclofen Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen Questions

1) Should Bac be taken with food, or on an empty stomach (or does it matter)?

2) How do you split the pills in half?

3) Does it matter if you take the pills at varying times? For example, you wake up early one day and take it at 6:30, then you take your second at noon, say, and your 3rd at 10:00pm. Then the next day you wake up late and don't take your first pill until 10:00am, then you forget your lunch pill and don't take it until dinnertime, then you take your last pill at midnight. The next day is again different. Will this mess up the effect?
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Baclofen Questions

1) I have taken it both ways. Veritas got it by prescription, I think she said hers came with instructions to take it with food as it can cause nausea (I have not had this problem).
    2) They are crumbly. Mine had a score mark. I just bit off half. I didn't worry that it was exact as 5mg is so little. Sometimes the other half had to be thrown out as it crumbled. I only stayed at 15mg for 2 days, then went to 30.
    3) Well, it is probably better to take it routinely, but I have done exactly as you describe several times with no ill effects. I usually take the first around 10am, the last around 10pm, and 2 other doses sometime in between, with the larger one around 5 or 6 as evening is my highest crave time. But I have forgotten my lunch one several times and taken it around 4 with another dose at 6:30, but I'm still only on 50mg (or 40 if I forget a dose). You may want to set an alarm or something to help remind you (there actually is a pill reminder alarm you carry with you with a compartment for pills - I have one but I think it is at work). I also carry a couple with me in my purse so if I go out I can try to stay on the same schedule. I think the main thing is to space it out and not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.
    I think you are going to love it! - Good luck.

Comment

Baclofen Questions

Thank you, louise, for the advice and the encouraging words!

I took it this morning around 10:00 on an empty stomach. I didn't eat anything until noon, and experienced no nausea. (But I am just starting -- on 5mg per dose).

Sorry, I have not kept up on everyone, but how long have you been taking it now? And what kinds of effects have you had?
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Baclofen Questions

I have been taking it for 19 days. Almost no cravings for the past week. 1 1/2 glasses of wine total in the last week. I'm pretty happy! Some tiredness as a side effect (not all day, just for a period of time in the afternoon that passes or needing to go to bed early), and when I increased to 50mg I had to pee often, but that has passed. I did have 1 day where I was kind of light headed and pilates exercises with my head below my waist had to be stopped, but I was ok after eating dinner and it hasn't happened again.

Comment

Baclofen Questions

Hi Beatle--

I started taking Baclofen 2 weeks ago (got it online and not from my doctor) and the first 3 days were terrible for me. I went home three days in a row from nausea and vomiting. I was taking a small dose based on the recommendations on this board, but I wasn't taking it w/ food. Since I've started taking it w/ food, I haven't had any nausea or vomiting.

Hope that helps!

--Anna

Comment

Baclofen Questions

beatle;664152 wrote: Thank you, louise, for the advice and the encouraging words!

I took it this morning around 10:00 on an empty stomach. I didn't eat anything until noon, and experienced no nausea. (But I am just starting -- on 5mg per dose).

Sorry, I have not kept up on everyone, but how long have you been taking it now? And what kinds of effects have you had?
            Beatle we used a razor blade on a wooden cutting board when we couldn't find our pill cutter...They sell them at any pharmacy but it's not a necessity.
            I haven't had any bad side effects from bac ...at all !!!
            I kept looking for something, anything negative to report but can find nothing.
            not sure if that's cause my intent is to ALWAYS put my focus on the best possible out come ......BUT that's what has happened. No tummy upset here to report, doen't seem to matter if I have eaten or not.
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Baclofen Questions

Same here. I have no major side effects. I guess Ive felt slightly light-headed sometimes, but nothing major. The lack of side effects actually is a blessing and a curse. A curse because I am really tempted to titrate up fast. But I read somewhere that if you titrate up fast, your "off" switch comes at a higher dose, so i'm forcing myself to take it slow.

Comment

Baclofen Questions

Thank you all for answering my questions. I just took my 5mg and am about to go to sleep. I appreciate all the support here and am looking forward to a better life.

btw, has anyone seen the interview (video) of Dr A and Diane Sawyer?

Comment

Baclofen Questions

Beatle,

My side effect was vivid scary dreams and unable to wake from them. It was way too freaky for me. I had to titrate down. I was at 160 mg / day.

I am at 120 mg / day right now and not having that issue at all.

Oh, and I am AF. Not without some work, mind you, but AF. I do have to talk to myself when I start getting those thoughts but it is not a compelling thought.

Please use care when drinking and taking baclofen. Both are CNS depressants.

Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Baclofen Questions

beatle;664061 wrote: 1) Should Bac be taken with food, or on an empty stomach (or does it matter)?

2) How do you split the pills in half?

3) Does it matter if you take the pills at varying times? For example, you wake up early one day and take it at 6:30, then you take your second at noon, say, and your 3rd at 10:00pm. Then the next day you wake up late and don't take your first pill until 10:00am, then you forget your lunch pill and don't take it until dinnertime, then you take your last pill at midnight. The next day is again different. Will this mess up the effect?
                    On the timing question ... I usually take mine every 8 hrs. (3X a day) but when I went on "Stress dose" I went to every 6 hrs. (4 X a day) and when I am late an hour or so ....no big deal.
                    I just delay the next dose to try to equal it out as best I can...Just common sense seems to work for me here. Keep in mind I am one that needs a small dose to have the effect I need.
                    It's trial and error here and Unfortunately (maybe more FORTUNATELY?) we ARE the TRIAL !!!

Comment

Baclofen Questions

Evie.Lou;664539 wrote: It's trial and error here and Unfortunately (maybe more FORTUNATELY?) we ARE the TRIAL !!!
                      I just hope we are not the ERROR!!!

Comment

Baclofen Questions

LOL ...Beatle, Me TOO !!!
                        Time will tell but for NOW.......I am happily SOBER, thanks to Bac.

Comment

Working...
                        X