help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help

I am not sure what anyone can do for me, but I have really let myself down here. I am forced to ask myself, do I even want to quit? Yes, of course I am DESPERATE to quit. Yet last night I had a couple of friends over and got drunk enough that I felt the need to bail out and go to the bars drinking even more. OK, I did not drive drunk. Nothing terrible happened except I feel like absolute HELL right now. I think I may need to go 30 days AF. If I can even survive this hangover. I have been vomiting and everything. Cant stand this! I feel like I have let everyone down. So sorry. I cannot moderate at this time. I just can't do it. My head is pounding. I am hungry but cant eat because i am too sick. Please let this be the bottom because I cant take anymore of this.
    Liath

help

Hi Liath, it sounds like you are feeling the same way I did after my last bender.
    I think 30 days is a good thing to try.
    Can you drink sips of water? Or even suck ice cubes?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

help

I threw up again. Nothing left in my stomach now. This is really bad. I am panicking.
      Liath

Comment

help

Dont panic. This is exactly what happened to me. Try and calm down. It will stop.
        I was unwell for a week though...but after the first day and a half, I had stopped vomiting although I still felt sick.

Comment

help

Liath;680536 wrote: I threw up again. Nothing left in my stomach now. This is really bad. I am panicking.
          you will be ok, but 30 days sounds like a great idea.

Comment

help

I just hope to god I never do this to myself again. I am not sure what to do now as I cant keep anything down. I just need to get through this and let this be my motivation to go 30 days
            Liath

Comment

help

Thank you so much for responding. Not sure how I am going to get through this. I have not been this sick before.
              Liath

Comment

help

How long ago was your last drink?

Comment

help

maybe 12 hours
                  Liath

Comment

help

Liath,

You ok? I totally understand and relate with where you are and how you are feeling. I have been there many times. I feel very shaky today from drinking too.

What you have to do, and what I also have to do, is remember just how damn shitty we feel due to the demon alcohol. It is poison to us, and it is doing damage in more ways than one. Its damaging many many areas of our life, and wrecking havoc on our bodies.

Nows the time to change. I have a doctors appointment on Monday to get on Antabuse. I want to end this cycle once and for all.

Want to join me in letting this be the last time we feel this way?

You will be ok.

Love,

Overit
                    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

help

I was vomiting for about 36 hours.
                      If you can, keep on sipping tiny bits of water, even if you bring them back, it will help...

Comment

help

Hey Liath - I'm very sorry to hear you are feeling bad. I understand the panic, as I have dealt with it for most of my adult life. IT WILL GET BETTER if you can stay away from alcohol. For me, the cycle of drink/get numb/panic only stopped when I removed alcohol from the equation. I still suffer from panic at times, but Baclofen has been a real godsend in that department.

Some suggestions:
                        * Try to find the most comfortable body position - this is different for everyone. Follow your body's cues.
                        * Work on slowing your breathing and relaxing your insides.
                        * See if you can quiet your thoughts for right now and just focus on calming and centering your body. You don't need to fix everything right this minute, just stay in the moment and sloooow down.
                        * As Starty suggested, ice chips or small sips of water are good.

Stay in touch here and let us know how you are doing. The 'old-timers' here are quite knowledgeable.
                        :choc: mmm...chawklit :choc:

Comment

help

Hey Kipper, long time no see!
                          It sounds like you are doing well right now?

Comment

help

=] Hey Grrrl.

Yes, I am back from almost certain death/madness... This last time very nearly ended me. I have 64 days sober today and have been using Baclofen with good success. I also work the AA program, have a sponsor, home group, go to at least 1 meeting a day, etc. and it all helps, but some days - like TODAY !! - I feel like I am hanging on for dear life...

So I come here and remember I am not alone. Thanks. You rawk!!:h
                            :choc: mmm...chawklit :choc:

Comment

help

Wow Kipper! That is amazing to hear! There is lots of info about bac here too. Stay strong on those tough days, they pass, always!
                              Very well done!

Comment

Working...
                              X