Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How good is campral

Hi there

I joined MYO some months ago but never managed to really get started . I drink a good bottle or so of wine a day & can mange a day or two without drink but then an evening comes & i just think just for tonight , have a drink and off I go again . I just dont seem to have the willpower to stay away. I've been doing some reading & from what I can gather campral is really good for those people who just dont seem to be able to stop any other way.

I jsut wondered if there were many of you out there who have taken it & did it really help & were there many problems with it .... from the checks I've done it seems to be a pretty safe drug.

I'd be grateful for any input .

Thanks

How good is campral

It works

I went to a great place in Tampa for a month (non 12-step) and started taking Campral in February. I will tell you that I have had ZERO cravings since taking the medicine. Doesn't mean that I don't see a martini at a steak house and think "hey, that would be good right now", but it is simply because of the setting, there is no craving. It is a wonderful drug-HOWEVER, I have had several side-effects. I can get very tired sometimes (common I think), and I have very bad muscle/joint aches. This is a problem for a small % of people, but it was for me-I am actually on anti-inflammatory because I refuse to stop taking Campral. Also, my sex drive is way down, but the Dr. said that could also be because I stopped drinking.

With that said, I recommend Campral because it will take away the cravings so you can move on with life. I hope this helps.

Comment

How good is campral

Thanks Vette ,

That was really helpful ...i've never tried meds before but I have to get help somewhere . I feel a lot happier about giving this a try .

Thanks & really glad you 're doing so well

Comment

Working...
      X