PDA

View Full Version : Energized Chook Mods!

ChickenNumber3
August 16th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Hello!
Figured that this area would give me some guidance in moderation as that seems to be the way I am leaning right now! Am finding,apart from one bad slip that this seems to be working for me...am controlling it and feeliing good about it!

Thus far my plan is this:(please give advise and make comments on any ways I can improve the plan):

1:No longer drinking bourbon & diet coke..this was my preferred drink!
2. Making sure I have 2-3 days AF between alcoholic drinks.
3.L-Glutamine
4.Not drinking at social events/being designated driver! (Social gatherings are my downfall,I am better controlled at home for some reason...?)
5. Not drinking on days/evenings before a work day!so I am not tired or fuzzy.
6. When drinking restricting intake to 1-2 drinks,then diet coke or other non-al beverage!Comments will be appreciated!
Chicken:thanks:

Eve11
August 18th, 2009, 07:20 AM
ChickenNumber3;694295 wrote:

1:No longer drinking bourbon & diet coke..this was my preferred drink!
Hi CN3! Amazing how we can drink less when we're not drinking what tastes real good to us.
I can moderate much easier on red wine than white (which I love the taste of so much more!)
2. Making sure I have 2-3 days AF between alcoholic drinks.
Sunbeam is a great advocate of this. Get that AL out of your system before you drink again. I haven't quite accomplished this one as I tend to drink on Fridays and Saturdays usually. My goal is eventually not to be doing that 2 nights in a row.
3.L-Glutamine
Studies show that this works! Many report that taking this can stop cravings within minutes. I realized that times I went over my desired limit I had not had L-glut that day.
4.Not drinking at social events/being designated driver! (Social gatherings are my downfall,I am better controlled at home for some reason...?)
Good for you!! I still want my one or two at a party. My trick is to start AF in the beginning and enjoy a glass or two toward the end. I would never have two and drive but am lucky as spouse is usually the DD.
5. Not drinking on days/evenings before a work day!so I am not tired or fuzzy.
I totally agree with that and feel the same way. I do feel the effects with two or more the next morning.
6. When drinking restricting intake to 1-2 drinks,then diet coke or other non-al beverage!Comments will be appreciated!
I enjoy cranberry and seltzer water and have realized that that's a must to switch to as I am still in the *habit* of glass in hand but am substituting it for something much healthier.
Great plan plan Chicken. I wish you continued success. Keep coming here for support.
We all need each other.
:l
Eve11

ChickenNumber3
August 18th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks Eve11 for the comments & ideas for other drinks!
I think I'm in the habit of having something 'in hand' too!
Tonight was a wee struggle as hubby was drinking heaps..Long Tan Day over here and he has tied on a BIG one (but not usually)..so almost wanted to join him this evening..but work tomorrow...probably the main reason I did not succumb!
Still, he staggered to bed about 15 minutes ago and I am glad to say that I wont have his headache on the morrow!!! Poor hubby!!!!
Chicken