Dreams on Bac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreams on Bac

I've had some doozies, I know, and so have a lot of others here, so I thought it would be fun to share some of them with each other.

Last night I dreamt I was watching a game show like "Who wants to be a Millionaire", but all the contestants were lined up next to each other and were naked and had that blur thing on their faces so they couldn't be identified, but the blur thing wasn't working very well (it usually doesn't).

They were being asked really interesting and difficult questions, and I was straining to hear it, but I was embarrassed to be watching it so had the volume turned way down.

Then they had a pdf form (yes, on TV -- this is a dream, remember) to fill out if you wanted to be a contestant, and I actually started filling it out... then I thought better of it, so I pressed command+z to cancel it.

Just then, I heard someone coming, so I quickly switched channels, and then I couldn't find the channel again.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Dreams on Bac

Ha ha Beatle thats pretty funny and bizarre!

Last night I dreamt that I was cutting a girl hair whom I work with. (and no Im definately not a hair dresser at all!) I ended up giving her a mullett (short all over, like shaved short and really long at the back) which she really hated, she was really upset and I was so embarassed , because I had promised her a lovely hair cut,, and in the dream I truley beleived I was really good at cutting hair. Weird huh.

indiv

Comment

Dreams on Bac

Beatle,

Great idea for a thread. Unfortuneatly, I didn't dream last night because I barely slept all night. My mind wouldn't shut up. I guess its time to up the Bac. I'll enjoy reading this thread though!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Dreams on Bac

Ever since I backed off the 160 mgs/day, I haven't had any dreams I remember.

The ones I had at 160 mgs/day were horrific. Stephen King dreams that I could not awaken from.

Your dream was a hoot.

I wish I could remember some of my good dreams. I keep hoping for a "hot" one but don't seem to dream those much anymore.

I will live vicariously through others.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Dreams on Bac

:HCinders I have those hot dreams stuck in a desert unable to crawl in all the sand burning up under the sun is that what you mean:H:H.
          However I had one of those 'parainsomnia experiences' as Billp defined them I felt awake but the whole house was lit up with a hazy blue light and a very disturbing buzz humming sound and this alien in a space suit was dragging me sort of by mind controll to the front door and I was frozen I couldnt resist I felt awake and thought this is one of those alien abduction things. However my partener shook me awake as she said I was yelling out in a terrified way. Bloody scary . However I had no sore body parts so she woke me up in time before they started the anal probing those guys are supposed to do and impregnate me with one of those alien type worm things. :H

Comment

Dreams on Bac

Reggie, that's a riot.

I've always had weird, crazy dreams (or maybe I'm just better at remembering them than most people). Once I dreamt I was on a cruiseship sailing through a VERY narrow fjord. The mountains on either side were very close to the cruiseship and we could see the goats perched on the side of the cliff-like mountains, munching grass. Every once in a while, one of them would look up lazily, with droopy eyes, and then turn back to eating. I turned to my companion, who happened to be Robin Williams, and I said: "Jaded goats! Just look at those Jaded goats!" And he nodded solemnly, and said: "That's what happens. It's the same every time."

I woke up laughing and had to wake up my husband to tell him about it.

But that was not on Bac. The Bac dreams seem to have a more hallucinatory quality... like they don't seem like dreams and you can't wake up from them. I've had a few scary ones, too, mostly because I couldn't wake up from them, or kept dreaming I was waking up and then finding myself back in the same dream world.

I prefer the funny ones.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Dreams on Bac

My dreams are crazy on bac! Beatle, I'm definitely getting the same hallucinatory-type dreams as you are. They're not scary like Cindi's but definitely very strange and totally different than ones I had before starting bac...

Comment

Dreams on Bac

I've done some serious dream analysis in the past and go through periods of rich dreaming and then I'll go through dry spells. I've been dreaming a lot lately, and have recently started taking the topamax (again). I don't think the topamax has anything to do with it, but I do think the fact that I'm making changes and addressing some of my 'stuff' does have something to do with it. I also know that the more I pay attention to my dreams, the more I'm able to start tuning into them and remember them.
                I had a bizarre one the other night..I built a bathtub in the attic..I was reading a story with a young male friend..it felt like we were lost kids from the Peter Pan story..we are reading this story and I told the boy I'm making the story true in my attic (building the bathtub)..I end up flying, but with the help of some suspension..I don't know what it is, but it feels like a balloon, or a glider plane? I'm associating the dream with some spiritual work that I've been doing to try to get myself back on track lately..and some creative work. So, in a way, it makes sense. It was actually a pleasant dream..except the fear that the bathtub would overflow in the house and my project would be found out.

I participated in a Jungian dream group a few years ago. We used four steps to help make sense of a dream:

Making associations
                Connecting dream images to inner dynamics
                Interpreting the dream
                Doing rituals to make the dream concrete

Here is a good website that explains the process if anybody is interested.

The Meaning of Dreams: Dream Interpretation and Inner Work | Suite101.com

I'm sure that drugs can cause us to have some random, meaningless dreams, but my personal belief is that there can be something learned about where we are 'on our journey, so to speak' from all of our dreams.
                It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Dreams on Bac

I had to repost this from the bac success thread:

I always have very vivid dreams anyway, and, man, I've had some doozies on bac. Last night, I was at some kind of political meeting where Hilary Clinton was making her points using a guitar as a visual aid. Bill was there too, and he was about 4 feet tall. They had bread laid out on a table for hungry people to take. Mmm - hmm! And I'm a Republican - does that qualify as a nightmare??? LOL

I also had a naked dream, where I was on vacation somewhere tropical and two girls were scoffing at me because I didn't want to join them and three naked guys. Also had a very disturbing one about tortured animals that was too awful to describe.

Beatle, tell RW I love his stuff!

Comment

Dreams on Bac

My inspiration

Larisa;702082 wrote: I had to repost this from the bac success thread:

I always have very vivid dreams anyway, and, man, I've had some doozies on bac. Last night, I was at some kind of political meeting where Hilary Clinton was making her points using a guitar as a visual aid. Bill was there too, and he was about 4 feet tall. They had bread laid out on a table for hungry people to take. Mmm - hmm! And I'm a Republican - does that qualify as a nightmare??? LOL
                    Larisa, your post was what inspired me to start this thread

Comment

Dreams on Bac

Larisa;702082 wrote:
                      Beatle, tell RW I love his stuff!
                      I will, Larisa... in my dreams=)

Comment

Dreams on Bac

Thanks namaste

namaste;701993 wrote: I've done some serious dream analysis in the past and go through periods of rich dreaming and then I'll go through dry spells. I've been dreaming a lot lately, and have recently started taking the topamax (again). I don't think the topamax has anything to do with it, but I do think the fact that I'm making changes and addressing some of my 'stuff' does have something to do with it. I also know that the more I pay attention to my dreams, the more I'm able to start tuning into them and remember them.
                        I had a bizarre one the other night..I built a bathtub in the attic..I was reading a story with a young male friend..it felt like we were lost kids from the Peter Pan story..we are reading this story and I told the boy I'm making the story true in my attic (building the bathtub)..I end up flying, but with the help of some suspension..I don't know what it is, but it feels like a balloon, or a glider plane? I'm associating the dream with some spiritual work that I've been doing to try to get myself back on track lately..and some creative work. So, in a way, it makes sense. It was actually a pleasant dream..except the fear that the bathtub would overflow in the house and my project would be found out.

I participated in a Jungian dream group a few years ago. We used four steps to help make sense of a dream:

Making associations
                        Connecting dream images to inner dynamics
                        Interpreting the dream
                        Doing rituals to make the dream concrete

Here is a good website that explains the process if anybody is interested.

The Meaning of Dreams: Dream Interpretation and Inner Work | Suite101.com

I'm sure that drugs can cause us to have some random, meaningless dreams, but my personal belief is that there can be something learned about where we are 'on our journey, so to speak' from all of our dreams.
                        Thanks for your input. I have always been interested in dreams. I started a dream diary when I was 11. I had a notebook and pen by my bed, and I'd scribble them down in the dark and in my half-sleep. It was a little difficult to read the handwriting the next day, but it served as a good jog to my memory-- many of them would be lost otherwise.

I recently found that diary of 30 some years ago, and when I read them , I could vividly remember the dreams (visually)... amazing.

I will definitely check out that site.

Comment

Dreams on Bac

Okay, I have now TWICE dreamed I was driving to work topless. I had my comforter in my car, but it was stuck in the door, and I couldn't use it to cover up. Men were leering.

I don't know if this is symbolic, spiritual nudity, or if bac just brings out the "ho" in me, LOL!

Comment

Dreams on Bac

dream

I was in a band, backstage, about go onstage; guitar in hand, and panicked because I didn't know how to play! The song we were going to play was "Smokin' in the Boys Room" but when we played it, (I plunked away) the lyric in the song "...to get caught would surely be the death of us all..."-- that line turned into:
                            "...to get drunk will surely be the death of us all..."
                            with the entire audience screaming that line along with the band.
                            Of course, now stuck in my mind constantly. Sorry.... : )

Comment

Working...
                            X