Is anyone taking Baclofen AND Topamax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering..seems like the two work in different ways..I can tolerate a low dose of topamax but it doesn't seem to be working as well as it has in the past (or my resolve is weaker than it has been)..I've been thinking about trying the B.
    It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Yes, I am, because I'm having a hard time tolerating the side effects of baclofen (sleepy and lethargic) so am on a very low dose (5-5-5) and have been taking topa for a few years with no bad side effects for years, but like you, it doesn't really keep me from drinking. I don't drink as much as I did before the topa, but I still manage to drink too much at times. My goal is to up the bac if I can get used to the side effects and titrate down the dopa (2 or 3 a day)
    Fretsy

Comment

Hi I have been taking Topa with some success for three years. I can be AF for 3 months then back at it. I have just ordered the Baclofen too. I was wondering if I should take them together too. I am off the Topa at the moment as I have found it hard not to drink in the summer.

Comment

Murphy, I've done some research on it and found absolutely no reason to think taking them together would be harmful. I'll be interested to see how you do on the Baclofen -- I sure wish I could tolerate higher doses without turning into a zombie!
        Fretsy

Comment

Working...
        X