scared $hitless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scared $hitless

well I am at my restaurant right now holed up in my office. I have to go home. YES home. as some of you know I have not been home in a week or more...BUT. My husband wants to talk a bit tonight because tomorrow night and sat night we have decided I will stay at home..and sleep in the same bed. I am scared to death that i will not be able to handle it.

the reason is our youngest son. He is coming for the weekend (does every other) and we both do not want to worry him if we are working on fixing things (hoping on my part...desperately). He (our son) has had so many issues with his birth mom and step dad fighting in the last couple of years that we don't want to pile more crap on him

SO...................plan. 1) no wine ...but that is going to be hard
    2) tomorrow I booked myself to work night. I have already made dinner today at restaurant to have hubby, ready for freezer, heat friday for him and our son...will not have to go home till 9 or 10..

SO. how to deal with Sat and Sun off...HELP....

lynn

scared $hitless

Try and think positive about this as it sounds like a step in the right direction regardless of the reason for it. If you drink you will screw it all up and it may well be the final nail so to speak. Do you have some l-glut if so take bucket loads of it and make sure there is no AL in your house or where ever you will be. Do try and think positive about this weekend and with the presence of your son maybe you can avoid any discussion on the relationship/drinking issues and just try and have a good time. Good luck - if you can do this you can do anything! You can do it!
    M

Comment

scared $hitless

I agree w/ More2 in that keeping everyone busy with fun activities is a great way to not only get through it, but THRIVE through it. Bonus is that games and such will also help with not drinking as you will be focused elsewhere (well, as much as you can be if you're enything like me).

And if you need some alone time, ask the hubby to watch your son while you escape to a hot bath for awhile!

Good Luck! Be open and have patience!

Comment

scared $hitless

Dear!

Lynn.... I have no advice. I am all messed up too right now. (MESSED up and out of control........) Honey, do not let anyone judge u or what u do.........work on yourself, my friend.

Comment

scared $hitless

lynn....i am pm_ig_you now

Comment

scared $hitless

sorry all...........was supposed to be "PMINGU"

Ok.... who can decipher this?

# 1 prize is a Cold Beer!.... JK

Comment

scared $hitless

Lynn -

You are at a very critical crossroads. You know one path, AL, will lead to the end of your marriage, depression, loneliness, regret and more. The other path is like a really steep, rocky path where each step is going to take all of your willpower, but if you stay on that path, at the top - you will have shown DH that your marriage is a priority and you will be on the path to happiness.

It is going to be hard - but I think part of it is the attitude. Instead of thinking - I can't have wine - look at it like a gift for yourself - You are CHOOSING not to have wine. You are CHOOSING a path of happiness.

I agree with others that the best thing to do is to avoid any place where there is AL and plan on lots of activity so you can stay busy. Just take it ODAT and reach down inside yourself and pull out the strength and determination to do this - for you. You CAN DO IT!

You have every one of us on this BB cheering for you - you are NOT alone with this challenge.

Hugs, and hugs and hugs to you.
              ODAT!

Comment

scared $hitless

Mama,
                PMINGU = Post messaging to you

Now can i have the money instead of the beer (AF, u know)

Cheers,
                ATK

Comment

scared $hitless

I do not know your story or recent history, but sounds like the others do. But it also sounds like you have a good plan in place. Perhaps if it goes badly for you , you can just fake it & say you have the flu or are sick & stick it out in bed for a couple of days. Just a thought..certainly not advice...just happened to see your post & felt your fear

Comment

scared $hitless

Hi everyone. Thank you for your support ...it means alot.
                    We will not be going anywhere, as we are not at that point, and also it would raise red flags for our son for sure! You see, he is our youngest..16 years old,, and his weekends at our house are videogaming free for alls with his dad. Need to keep the routine the same.

I came home last night after work , around 10 pm. My husband and son were upstairs playing games, but my husband did come downstairs to greet me..and I made us tea. He went back to playing games and I got changed and into bed. However he quit games about 11:30...came to bed..didn't touch me but after finishing watching a show that was on he said "so tired..have to go to sleep...night honey." So that was something.

I am going to work for about 2 hours today to prepare for two large reservations that we have tomorrow and then coming home and making dinner. I will stay the night again but Sunday I will be back to my friends to sleep. sigh.

On the upside he is going to start al anon. I hope they help him see things clearer and he gets some hope for this marriage.

Thanks again
                    Lynn

Comment

Working...
                    X