Question for Baclofen users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand that Baclofen is a type of muscle relaxant.............does this mean you will feel tired all the time on the med? I really want to try it but I do NOT want to be lethargic. I am planning to start really working out and walking and if the meds make me tired I know I will lose the motivation. For those of you who take it, please tell me what you think. Thanks!

I have been taking the bac for about 3 weeks and it does not make me lethargic. In fact, it makes me feel a little buzzed. From reading the posts, it appears it affects different people quite differently.

Comment

It does cause somnolence (sleepiness) in most people, but not lethargy. Have you ordered Dr. Ameisen's book? Also read Zenstyle's titration schedule. You just need to be well-prepared.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hey Skittles,

Yes the Bac can cause some tiredness, but if you titrate slowly it should be minimal.

I have been on Bac for nearly 4 months now and I am exercizing more than I have in years. This is partly because I am AF, so I feel better when I run, plus my fitness has improved faster since I have been AF. Being on Bac hasn't affected my willingness to exercize.
        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

From the beginning, Bac made me sleep well at night and caused NO tiredness during the day.

Like many others, I find I have more energy, not less.

I have titrated up VERY slowly, though, so that may be why.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I get very sleepy, but it doesn't last long and I still go and exercise. The sleepiness is a small price to pay for what Bac has given back to me. I feel that I am no longer spinning out of control.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Hi Skittles,

Baclofen did (and does) make me tired but it's weird kind of tired. All I want to do is lay down and take a nap but if I choose not to and push through, it goes away--unlike *true* tiredness where the only thing that really solves it is a nap. Not sure if that makes any sense but I don't know how else to describe it.

Besides that, though, baclofen has been a miracle for me. I now drink, at most, a glass of wine in the evening with dinner with friends or my husband and oftentimes none at all. For me, the tradeoff between "curing" my alcoholism (I put that in quotations only b/c some people think that if you have to take a pill for the rest of your life then you haven't found a cure. whatever.) and occasionally being tired is a no-brainer.

--Anna

Comment

definitely a no-brainer. Hey, I'm willing to put up with big holes in my eyelashes for the "cure" -- yes, that's how far I'll go=)
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

You don't have to, just get some Latesse.

Comment

What is it and where do I get it?

Comment

LATISSEĀ® Home | LATISSEĀ® — the first and only FDA-approved eyelash growth treatment It makes eyelashes grow longer, thicker, and darker. You should be able to locate a doctor or spa from that website that carries/prescribes it.

Comment

Hahaha!

Holes in eyelashes or not, I love baclofen, it has truly "cured me" of this disease and given me my life back! I can deal w/ what little tiredness, if you want to call it that, for this feeling........AND I am one who gets a little buzzed from it, but it is truly fine for me.......

Hope you try it, if it doesn't work, you have at least tried it, right?!

MS
                        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Ive been AF for 11 weeks and now at 65mg for 5 weeks ( after going to 137.5 mg ).

At 90 + I had extreme thirst and some annoying tiredness. I got around the thirst by taking just 5mg after 630pm ( at bed ) and chewing gum during the day is brilliant.

At 65mg, I have zero side effects.

Comment

I guess that means you hit your shut-off point at 137.5mg? did you stay there for long?

Comment

Thanks for the eyelash info Lenore. I'll definitely look into it. It's a first for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X