X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAC and eventual Withdrawl

!

I went off of Bac very slowly. Had no problems going off, but made sure I did it for two weeks.
    My problem was being on it. It screwed up my life completely, I'm allergic to it.

Comment

I strongly suggest you buy Dr. Ameisen's book, and do more reading on the original threads, esp. Zenstyle & Bill.P. No offense intended, but you need to become better informed.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Has your Addiction Counselor seen the withdrawl first hand? I am a little concerned also, but I think you just titrate down slowly until you are off.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

My first thought was, if bac works, the addiction councelor is out of business....lol.....I had the weird side effects, and was up to like 50mg's, and just quit last Sat., I felt better, not worse, and plan to start over soon. I've never read in our lit. at the pharmacy, that it had withdrawls like zanax, or lexapro, or valium. I agree, read Dr. A's info.
          "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

my understanding is that if you withdraw slowly you should be okay. it is not recommended to just quit suddenly as you will have serious withdrawal symptoms.

Comment

The withdrawal symptoms are usually similar to benzos like zanax, klonopin, valium, etc. So it can be quite hellish.

And, there are known cases of EXTREMELY serious withdrawal symptoms, including hallucinations, seizures, psychosis, and organ failure. This can happen even when you are taking relatively low daily doses (30mg or so). It's uncommon, but there have been a number of documented cases, so it's best not to tempt fate.

So please, if you stop taking baclofen, slowly taper down over the course of several weeks.

(That's also the reason why everyone on baclofen should carry a note in their wallet saying that they're on baclofen. If you end up in the emergency room with acute baclofen withdrawal you will probably be raving mad and unable to communicate with doctors. )

The effects of acute baclofen withdrawal are entirely reversible by taking baclofen.

Comment

Now, all of that being said about the dangers of withdrawal, baclofen itself isn't addictive, so if you decide to stop taking it it isn't as big of a deal as quitting alcohol of benzos.

It's quite easy to simply taper down your dose over the course of several weeks, and if done properly you won't have any withdrawal symptoms.

Comment

wow

I think TIT is right, you probably cannot get it from the addiction counselor since it WILL put him out of business!!!! And I will never stop taking it, for me it has done wonders. Thank GOD for my open-minded doctor, all I can say, and for Dr. Ameison~

best of luck to you, I know this is the ONLY thing that has ever worked for me, and I have tried EVERYTHING money could buy!!!:l

MA:h
                  :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Billyb,

Is totally correct. It is not an addictive substance, yet you have to taper (titrate) down before you are....let's say for a better word "clear".

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Working...
                    X