Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

its the weekend! dont think im strong enough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought i would be fine doing as suggested which was 30 AF but its friday and i have already gone to the wine since my mum is out. and for me this is a bad start since i will be out with my friends later. what is the secret to just saying no when you are out and everyone is enjoying a drink? how can you sit their sobre and not mind it?
    any advice would be useful!

thanks

beefa

beefa, maybe at this point you can't. I think you are in the mode of feeling deprived if you don't get to drink. Very dangerous to put youself in those situations with that mindset. It take time and work to change that and you must protect yourself until you get there. When you get to that point you may realize it's a downright boring evening. Rent a movie and stay home. And get the alcohol out of the house! If you do go, make sure you eat a good meal first and drink seltzer and lime or whatever. Have a plan to leave early if you're miserable not being able to drink. Personally, I wouldn't go. Good luck to you!!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi all
      Greeneye is right. From the way you sound, to early in your recovery to be going out with old friends. Especially drinking friends. This is one of the areas many new to recovery have a hard time with. Changing their socializing situations and people they are hanging with.It is IMO one of the most important steps to recovery. Stay Strong

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
      AF 5-16-08
      Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
      AF 5-16-08

Comment

Working...
      X