give up!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

give up!!

thought i did so well getting through ONE day- but behold, by day TWO- I already gave in by the evening-I drank beer-not to a drunken state-but still drank-nothing is working-i give up- i am a loser-at mid life, I still cant get myself together-better of dead- for everyones sake

give up!!

Kate you are not a loser and dont ever say you would be better off dead. You have an addiction to AL just like the rest of us here. We didnt choose to be this way but here we are. If you look around the boards you will see many posts from people who have fought this demon and are winning, many people have years of sobriety behind them. You too can win this battle. I know how soul destroying it can be when we try to stop and dont manage it but we owe it to ourselves to try again. You stayed AF for a day, you drank less on day two. Those are steps in the right direction. Now today you can try again, there are so many people here who will hold out their hand and help you along this journey.
    Keep safe
    KTAB
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

give up!!

Kate, ditto what KTAB said. I too consider that progress. Never give up. We're here for you.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

give up!!

Katie,

It saddens me so to read your post! You are not a loser in any way!
        What KTAB said is true, look for progress not perfection. Don't ever give up, keep trying! None of us is capable of doing anything perfectly without some practice.
        Get right back on board, give yourself a chance. Identify your triggers and include steps in your plan to avoid them. Check the Toolbox thread in the Monthly Abstinence section for ideas.

Please join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread. Lots of folks there just getting started & some who have had some success!

Today is a new day, make it a good one
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

give up!!

Katie: I know you feel like crap but don't give up. Jump in here with the rest of us and stay close.
          :l
          When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
          -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

give up!!

You're not worthless at all - as KTAB said you just have the same problem as the rest of us. Remember that our disease wants us to feel down so that we'll drink more! Try to look for the positives as opposed to the negatives okay? You did stay sober, and you didn't get falling down drunk. Is that an improvement from what it used to be?

Sometimes the hardest part is to not expect miracles overnight. Remember that there will be good days and bad, so don't let yourself get too high or too low (and remember to cut yourself a break every once and a while, okay)?
            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

give up!!

Kate, you're not a loser at all. You're going through a tough part in your life and just need some help to get back up again. That's what we're all here for. All you can do is just keep trying, everyday, and every little bit of progress you make is one baby step closer.

Comment

give up!!

Kate :l
                Ditto what everyone else said.
                Do you know how many of us had COUNTLESS tries before it finally stuck? Do NOT give up. One day AF is better than no days AF. I bet it didn't come easy but you fought through it. And you will again. And each time you will get a little stronger.

You're not a loser - not by a long shot.
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

give up!!

Kate, you are not a loser, you are a tryer! Ive fallen many many times....only people here have helped me to get up again, and again. You can get up again too. And there are many here who have had countless tries, and are still having countelss tries...sort out a plan, post on here, chat on here, paint your toenails, do anything to distract yourself from hopeless thoughts.....that is the demon tempting you. hang on in there!

Comment

give up!!

Kate, what's happening?
                    You are special.
                    Please reply to my PM -- I'm listening, okay!!
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

give up!!

thankyou for all the positive replies, this is really a good place, i cry but with tears of hope, thankyou all so much, i try again today! I hope to open up more very soon to get all this crap out of my system! It's soo damn tiring! pretending to be healthy, happy, in control, sane!

Comment

give up!!

:l Kate

we know....
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

give up!!

Kate there is always hope. I know at times things seem hopeless but honestly they are not. AL is a depressant and makes us feel even worse. This is a spiral but the cycle can be broken. Just take it one day at a time, one hour, one minute if need be. Keep close to the boards here and talk to us, there is always someone who will offer help, support and advise.
                          Keep safe
                          KTAB
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

give up!!

glad to see you still with us kate ...just do your best thats all you can do
                            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

give up!!

I feel like that some times too, Katie, but what do we have if we give up hope of ever having sobriety? It's the only thing that keeps me getting up every day. The fact that maybe ONE day I'll be sober... we have to keep trying. What's the alternative? I don't even want to think about it

Comment

Working...
                              X