requesting a quick chat...in need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kimberly...I saw you were in the ASAP too...did not read yet, but please join if you can...going to chat

I only have about a 1/2 hour and am losing my mind. When I lose it this is where I come, anybody have a few minutes?

Jeez, I sure do know how to wear out my peeps...but you are all I have right now. Thanks guys.
    Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

hey colbe, i looked out for you last night in chat, and the night before, im here today if you want to go to chat, this eve better for me in about 8 hrs from now is the best, i didn't get that email link from you, stay stong,evry one here is rooting for you, hugs tawny
    Twitch

Comment

Can someone tell me how to get to the chat room??? YES , I am the village idiot haha
      Non Drinker 9/09
      Non Smoker 6/09
      Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Emmy,
        Just above the post there is a tab that says Live Chat hit that and choose an option.

Bob

Comment

I am new and how do I chat?

Hi new friends,

Glad to meet you all. I have only been here 2 times now so I am very new at this. I would like to chat but when I click on it ,it says that my user name is not permitted on the chat. T'sHope. Now I am pretty sure it isn't because it is obscene or anything like that. Could some one please help me get this straightened out? I sent a message to the ammin and asked on a thread yesterday but what do I do? Do I need to pay or something for it to work?

It has been a trying day for me. I am on my 8th day sober. I have been at this for 4 months now and I have had 2 blips. I was drinking about a 12pk of beer a day and now 0. All except those 2 times and then it was about 5 each time. All about not wanting to feel feelings you know. Just running away from it all. I have been drinking like that (12 a day) for about 2 or 3 years. Before that just a binge drinker. My kids grew up and left and then I was unhappy in my marriage. Got lonley and bored. Had a job but then I would just come home and drink at night. It started on weekends then everyday. I woke up one day and decided that it wasn't living and the night before I had it out with my OH. That was it for me and no more. He still drinks but not me. I want to kick this and so far so good. Today was tough. My mom had to put her cat down and I had to go. I hate death. Don't we all? Anyhow, I didn't do what I normally would and that is come home and get piss faced. This is a mile stone for me. My mood is starting to stabilize now. You know, one day high and the next the world comes crashing in. I am starting to be in a middle rage now. Many changes since I started this journey.

I have been to other sites but this one seems pretty cool. I need support. I can't just do this alone. I also want to help others get there too. I think that is what you are all about?
          That is great.

Well that is part of my story. Can someone please post or PM me so I find out what is wrong and why I am not permitted to chat? Have a good night and I will be looking around. Thanks, T'sHope:new::thanks:

Comment

Hi there T!
            Firstly welcome to MWO and well done for reaching out and asking for help, that is a tough thing do for most of us.
            Regarding chat, are you clicking on Subscribers chat or Public chat? You dont seem to be a subscriber so you wont be able to get into that, but you should be able to get into public chat.
            Also, it might be an idea for you to post your story in a thread of its own in either the Just Starting out or General discussion sections. You will get much more response that way. Here your post might get lost.
            8 days sober is a superb start keep going and I look forward to hearing more from you.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hello I am new!!!!

Hi Startingover,

Thanks so much for the reply. It didn't work though so I sent them a message on the contact us link. They will get back to me. I hope?

Any way, I have been at this for about 4 months and had a blip the other day. I am now on day 8 again of my journey. Some may not have counted that but I do. I was drinking about a 12 pack of beer a day for the last 3 or 4 years. I had a bad blow out with my OH who is still drinking and I just decided that was it for me and the bottle. I need to pull it all together and get my life back. I have been making allot of progress. My mood swings have slowed down now.:H I am sleeping and eating better and my whole life is beginning to get better. I ran across this site and I thought it would be nice to give and get some support in this journey. I will go into more later on but that is the short story of it. it was the kids grew up, I was lonley and OH worked allot. We drifted apart and he drinks allot. I started to then it got out of control. Every day. As you know it is a progressive disease and it destroys lives. I hated not really living, I hated me and I hated everyone around me. I was feeling quite sorry for myself really. Now I know I have the power to fix me, no one else but me. I can encourage and support but not fix. I was always trying to please everyone and ended up pleasing no one. It would be nice if we all had that kind of power to fix and make everyone happy all the time but I am not that person anymore. I am just me. One day at a time. One goal at a time. I have kinda gone away from really counting the days. I put it on the calender and move on. I have decided to be abstinent from it and just accept that. It was hard as heck at first but now it is getting better. Good days and bad. Learning to deal with feeling feelings was the hardest and still is. Drinking to drowned the loneliness and pain.Now I just try and live through it like most people do. I am learning how to live all over again. It was a long 4 months and 2 blips is not to bad. Not good either though. It is my choice to not drink again. I was a bit disappointed in myself the last blip. Seems that it just jumped out at me with little or no warning that time. The harder I fight the trickier it gets. The urges get further apart but allot stronger. I will just keep hammering away at it and now I have all of you to help. I will try and help you all as well.

Nice to meet you all and thanks for being here. Hang in there mates.:thanks:

Comment

I also posted this in the new comer's thread. Thanks again.

Comment

hi T,s Hope,
                  welcome, lot's of support here , i have been around for about 3 weeks now and things are going well for me, i hope you can get into chat it great to be able to converse properly with people, feel free to PM me if you like, love and hugs Tawnywitch
                  Twitch

Comment

Working...
                  X