stinking thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stinking thinking

:new:This is terrible. I have been feeling so good (for me, that is) and have 1 week sober and noticing changes already. Now my stupid little brain is suggesting that I take the dog for a walk and hide a bottle to take away with me when I go to the country on the weekend "just in case". What will really happen, I know, is that I will be into it tonight, it will be gone by the weekend, and I will stuff EVERYTHING UP AGAIN.
    I hate this disease. Hate it. Am frightened that it is too strong for me.

stinking thinking

Hey Chopper,

I understand scared...lots of people do. Can you get into chat? I'm new here too, but I've found lots of support for my first week. You don't need to solve this weekend tonight...moment by moment right now.

I'll meet you there if you want and I'm sure others will join. You're not alone.

~Lode

Comment

stinking thinking

Take care

Hi chopper,

Saw you found some other threads...hope it helped. I'm signing off for the night, but hope to see you around more.

Be well!

Comment

stinking thinking

Hi there Chopper - congrats on a week sober that is great. The little voices do get quieter as you go along and the urges do pass quite quickly. Stay strong and tell the voice to shut up.

When you are feeling weak get on this site and chat to a few people until the urges pass.
        It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

stinking thinking

just like to say :welcome: chopper,stick with us this is a great community

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

stinking thinking

I consider it Progress to be able to look at one's thinking... objectively!

You went beyond the first thought of "I want a bottle" to "if I get a bottle, THIS will happen"! You're being honest with yourself - which is great.

It amazes me how easy it is to justify drinking. Have to learn to visualize a big STOP sign in my head! (I've already tried the big DUMMY sign... and that one hasn't worked too well.)

Before I joined this site, I rarely questioned myself if I wanted to buy a bottle...

BIG congrats on One Week!
            Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

stinking thinking

Chopper, well done for recognising what would happen, a long time sober member of my AA group said a few weeks ago that he was tempted to have just one drink, and that just one wouldn't hurt him!!! He then fast forwarded the scenario to the aftermath that it would have caused so didnt buy the drink. You have done that without even thinking about it .......

WELL DONE YOU :goodjob:
              sigpicXXX

Comment

stinking thinking

Thank you to everyone for your encouragement yesterday. It helped more than I can tell you.
                Got to an AA meeting last night which was also a boost. Craving again today but if it wasn't tough everyone would do it, right?
                Just today I won't. Can't think about tomorrow yet.
                Thank you again for helping me get to day 8 - the longest time I can remember in a few years.

Comment

stinking thinking

Chopper, great job, keep it up. You can do it. Coming here and AA are the best. You already are recognizing some of the challenges we all face and go through on this journey to sobriety.
                  Keep on track.

Winefree

Comment

stinking thinking

Thanks again everyone - bloody day 9 today, can't bloody believe it! Sorry I missed you in chat Lode, am still getting the habg of this website but it is helping me enormously.
                    Thanks winefree, sounds pathetic but this is the longest AF time I can remember.
                    I honestly feel some hope now, though fear when I project further than a few hours.
                    Exciting thouh, isn't it?
                    Choppy, Australia.

Comment

stinking thinking

Hey Chops, I'm in NSW too...on Day 7...the weekends a bitch though - really tough. I'm gonna hang in there though.
                      Come join us on The Next Day THread if you want - like minded lunatics there to get you through the witching hour.
                      You're doing great.

xo

Comment

stinking thinking

thanks fellow Aussie Angelcakes

I will take a look, thanks!
                        It's 9pm, DVD and then sleep and will be on day 10 - unbelievable!
                        Good luck and congrats to you too! It's nice to hear from someone at home! This website has been an amazing help to me.:thanks:

Comment

Working...
                        X