Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1st day of Quit Alcohol...Guide me.

Hi Friends, welcome to my thread.
    My name is Mridul i m from india, today is my 1st to quit drinking, but i m afraid of weakness as i m facing nowdays because of alcohol, my whole body starts shivering if i take little stress, my mind doesnt work properlly, my right hand is continue paining from three days like hell, i have already lost my whole stamina......Etc.

So i planned to quit drinking from 2day. so friends plz guide me to Screw it before it Screw me.

Thx.
    :new:

1st Day

Yeah friends i m doing the same,
    Drinking lotsa water today. and listening music to divert my mind. hope it'll work.

Thx for ur Support Friends.

1stofall Thx friends , on my 1st day i slept arnd 2:30am and had 2.5ltr of water. And it was amazing i was feeling much better in the morning than before, and the whole day was wonderfull.

but..........

2nd day

i cudnt control so i had 3 pegs of 60ml :|

sorry

:welcome:Mridul

Keep reading and posting , make sure you drink alot of water , everyday gets easier , there is alot of support here :l Em
    Non Drinker 9/09
    Non Smoker 6/09
    Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Thx emmy, i need some tips like this, i hope it works

Thx again.

Comment

Hi there Mridul!
        Welcome to you!
        Quitting drinking is a great idea if its affecting you like it seems to be.
        Be careful about withdrawals though, be determined and keep reading and posting here. The support will help you through
        Good luck!
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Mridul! and :welcome:

Congratulations on you decision to reclaim your life. You won't regret it!

Withdrawals are temporary. Remember that and ride it out.

In the meantime, these things will help.

As much water as you can stand with fresh lemon squeeezed into it.
          Frequent small healthy meals even if you don't think you are hungry.
          Sugar if you need it, but try fruit instead.
          Hot baths for 20 minutes with 1cup epsom salts, one cup baking soda to help draw out toxins and make you sweat.
          More water.
          Get 10 minutes of sunshine in the AM - helps set you mood.
          Light exercise like walks. Keeps blood moving and is a good distraction.
          Naps, rest. Sleep is going to elude you for a while.
          Pamper yourself and remind yourself of your goals and give youself positive encouragement. Your body will hear you and appreciate it and respond to it.

Read this thread https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Best of luck to you!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Welcome to MWO, Mridul.

Do everything that Green Eyes says. She knows what she is talking about.

I would add:
            • avoid coffee in the afternoon
            • avoid soda, particularly those with caffeine
            • find something that you like to drink, like fruit juice and water, or flavored sparkling waterdrink calming tea and look into getting some of the supplements hereonly think about not drinking for today, you can work on tomorrow, tomorrow
            MWO has a wonderful group of people. Keep posting and reading, and you will make friends and have a great support group on your journey.

Best of luck. You are choosing health and wellness without alcohol. It's hard at first, but it does get easier and easier as time passes.

YahYah
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Mridul:

I am new too and am getting ready to take that first step. I know how scary it is. I'm still trying to gain the courage! Please keep posting and reading. I look forward to reading about your progress. We can do this!

Schlitze

Comment

Schlitze ~~ Read ^^^^^^^^^^ the above posts from YoungAtHeart & Greeneyes , they know what their talking about :h You found a great place here :welcome: :l Em
                Non Drinker 9/09
                Non Smoker 6/09
                Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

hi 28,those are common side affects to al withdrawl,just say no, easier said then done,thts why were different,nget on with the battle,i beleive theres an army here behind you,lern how to utilise us,weve all been wher e u are,in one way or another,i wish u wel gyco

Comment

Bless your heart, honey....follow above directions from Green Eyes, and everything will be better, take it one moment at a time...

Comment

Working...
                    X