I'm Really Screwed Up Right Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife doesn't want to talk to me and I'm so lonely.
    I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

I'm sorry to hear of your suffering. Hang in there, check out the sobriety threads, drink lots of water and try to get in another day of sobriety.
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

I am there too. My husband wants to kill himself. I have destroyed his life he says. I stay at home and drink, still Thanksgiving ruined because of me.
      How can this be?

Comment

Ok fellow members, time to take some deep breaths and regroup. Guilt will kill all wishes to quit drinking. So try to focus on tomorrow. You will need to take this 1 day at a time, and if that doesn't work, cut the time down to 1/2 day at a time, if that doesnt work, go for an hour, or even 15 minutes at a time.
        Stay close to MWO and use us as a crutch.
        We are all here for you, but you have to Want our help.
        I am going to pray for your strength, You are not alone!
        DLW
        Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
        And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
          Today is a Mystery
          Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Saving Grace;766296 wrote: I am there too. My husband wants to kill himself. I have destroyed his life he says. I stay at home and drink, still Thanksgiving ruined because of me.
          How can this be?
          Things WILL be OK. They really, really will. You have to believe that.

SG. I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. But each minute can be different. As someone said, it's time to take a deep breath (for all of us).
          I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

dlw;766300 wrote: Ok fellow members, time to take some deep breaths and regroup. Guilt will kill all wishes to quit drinking. So try to focus on tomorrow. You will need to take this 1 day at a time, and if that doesn't work, cut the time down to 1/2 day at a time, if that doesnt work, go for an hour, or even 15 minutes at a time.
            Stay close to MWO and use us as a crutch.
            We are all here for you, but you have to Want our help.
            I am going to pray for your strength, You are not alone!
            THANK you so much. I really mean that, and will follow your advice.:thanks:

Comment

I so agree with everything said here. I know drinking takes us into such a depression. Can you believe my husband left me with beer and a bottle of whiskey when he left tonight.
              He can't understand. I told him, tomorrow will be better, I have nothing to drink, and he left me with enough alcohol to get messed up again.
              I believe he is an alcoholic also, and maybe why he does this. He is a functioning alcoholic. I am not. He went home to his family for Thanksgiving, he came back with a bottle of whiskey and beer his mother bought for him as a gift.
              We just aren't getting this, in this society are we.? We have problems. He is performing tonight and will drink all night, he doesn't get it that I worry so much, he will be in an accident before he ever comes home. With his state of mind now.....I'm so afraid.

Comment

I just want to tell you all that I have been where you are, and there is hope, I promise. I don't know what will have to happen in your head and heart, but it will take work and courage, and it can be done. Our life was a disaster for several years, because Hubs never knew what I would be like when he next saw me, or what I would do when he was away. I can tell you I almost destroyed my family and my wonderful life, all in the bottom of a bottle of poison. Today, if you can, take that first step and pour out everything you have. You can not imagine the power you will feel (yes, your alcholic mind will fight you and kick you and cry and scream), but DO IT. Then fill yourself up with water, till you pee every 10 minutes, and flush out your system. Next, go to sleep, if it's night there, and wake tomorrow with knowledge you have taken a mighty step. PM me, both of you, anytime. I will help you any way I can. I want you to have what I do.
                Rubes
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

What Ruby said, and what dlw said! There is hope for each and every one of us on this site. Saving Grace - you are sure right that alcohol is depressing! For the last several years of my 30+ drinking career, all I did was make sure I got my booze into the house, and then drink as much as possible and starting as early as possible every day. I saw no reason to live and had a suicide plan.

Today is completely different. I never took a single anti-depressant or anything like that. Just finally got sober. It isn't easy, but it's worth everything it takes to GET sober. I know it's hard to pour out the booze and take the first step. To me it felt like stepping out of an airplane without a parachute. But I did it, and so can you.

Read, post, read, don't drink. One minute at a time.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi guys, someone once said "if drink is supposed to make me so happy, why am I so sad?"
                    How true is that?
                    I really get what you are feeling, I suffer with depression and it can feel so utterly hopeless at times. Adding drink to the mix is is like throwing petrol on a flame.
                    OK so lets get practical. The girls have given you excellent advice, use this place, use supplements, read read read about inspirational people who have beaten this thing, and keep fresh in your mind why drinking is so not the answer to any problems.
                    Stay close my friends.
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                    X