I'm clean again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm clean again....

...but once more going cold turkey after a massive binge. Entering Day 2 and I'm so sick and tired of relapsing. I've made progress in the last year, but not enough as I still relapse. They tend to be fairly short periods that by the end are 24-hr drinking binges.

It takes me about seven deeply unpleasant days before I start feeling right, and I hate it. I haven't eaten at all for three days and I feel terribly weak. I'll get something down me today. I just hole up and get on with it - drink plenty of water, take vitamins. It's the insomnia that drives you crazy, though.

I'm one of these people who have a lot of contacts in AA, but it just isn't for me. I've seen a counsellor, a hypnotherapist - who I'm still seing and has had a positive effect - and am interested in the range of natural products here. I'm well read on the options available, the various bodies out there and the risks I'm running. Finallly, I don't react at all well to drugs, so pills are not an option.

Anyway, thanks for reading. It's full of good advice on here.
    "It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

I'm clean again....

:welcome:

Hi Hartley!

It sounds as though you're trying a lot of different things and figuring out what works for you. That's what I did, and I stuck with what helped me and left behind what didn't.

The insomnia drove me crazy too - various herbal sleep aids out there you could try.

I hope you're feeling a bit better now that you're eating. Take care of yourself and stick with us.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

I'm clean again....

Dumping AL is not easy, that's for sure. I guess if it was, none of us would be here. I agree with Marshy that it's great you are trying things to find out what works best for you. For me, it's been a combination of things. I'm sure you will "crack your code" too.

Strength and hope to you,

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm clean again....

Thanks for the thoughts. I find the hardest part of the first month is the stopping..just so damned unpleasant.
        "It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

Comment

I'm clean again....

G'day Hartley,
          Don't forget to read the 'toolbox' thread here. It's in 'monthly abstinence' section. Essential reading for you. Re-read if you need to.

Best wishes on your journey.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I'm clean again....

Well into Day 3......

So I'm taking these - went out today and got them, most based on advice from here. Didn't buy from the store as I felt I need them now. Feeling slightly physically improved but obviously not mood improved. Terrible pins and needles, agitation and depressed as hell at my inability to get this to stick. Insomnia and usual stomach reactions!

I was wondering if anyone thought I was missing anything important? The ones in bold are new. Obviously when I start drinking, I stop taking everything!

Thanks for taking the time to read.

L-Glutamine Powder ? 2,500mg, 2xdaily

Natrol 5-HTP- 100mg, 2xdaily

Adrenasense ? 2capsules, 2xdaily ? I?ve been taking this on recommendation and it certainly helped as a destresser during my last AF period. It?s actually for menopausal women, which when I last looked I wasn?t!

Natrol Milkthistle ? 2x525mg 1xdaily

B-Complex ? Jarrow 1xcapsule daily

Twin Lab Daily One
            , Multivitamin, Multimineral ? 1xdaily

Airshield ? 1xdaily ? it?s an immune system booster I've been taking for a while.

Gaba
            ? 2x100mg caps, 2xdaily

Comment

I'm clean again....

This looks good.
              I would up the lglutamine though if I was you. I take 5000 mg twice daily.
              Also I am reading alot of information about amino acids affecting mood.
              Great going on day three!!
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I'm clean again....

Thanks for advice - I'll do that and check out the Aminos. God I hate going through this
                sh!tty 7 days or so...get's more scary each time as well.

I have a choice I suppose - just don't drink and I don't have to go through it!

Comment

I'm clean again....

Here you go hartley
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...cure-5231.html

I know its tough, but once you are through it you will feel better, hang in there and stick around here, it really does help.
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I'm clean again....

Guitarista;769703 wrote: G'day Hartley,
                    Don't forget to read the 'toolbox' thread here. It's in 'monthly abstinence' section. Essential reading for you. Re-read if you need to.

Best wishes on your journey.

Full of good stuff, that. I've got to up the work rate here and not get distracted from the primary goal, whatever sh!t is collapsing around me.

I AM
                    a full-on, all-round, addict.

Comment

I'm clean again....

startingover;770434 wrote: Here you go hartley
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...cure-5231.html

I know its tough, but once you are through it you will feel better, hang in there and stick around here, it really does help.
                      Believe me, it is helping.

Comment

Working...
                      X