Ole and Lena...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ole and Lena...

Ole and Lena jokes are hugely popular in my neck of the woods. For those of you who live in rural or warmer climates, this wouldn't be an issue, but many of us in frostier climates are required to park our cars on even and odd numbered sides of the streets according to the date after midnight. This way the snowplows can access at least one side of a street when clearing snow.

Ole and Lena were getting up in years, and were having difficulties keeping things up on the farm, so they decided to move into town.

Every evening, Ole watched the six o'clock news, and waited for the weather updates in particular. One evening as he was watching the news, the weather man came on and reported "Tonight there will be a winter storm. Please park your cars on the 'odd' numbered side of the street tonight." Ole got up, went out, and moved his car to the odd numbered side of the street.

A couple of nights later, when Ole was watching the news, the weather man came on again and said "Tonight there will be another winter storm...please remember to park your cars on the even numbered side of the street." Ole dutifully got up, went out, and parked his car on the even numbered side of the street.

A few nights later, Ole was watching the news...the weather man came on, reported that there would be a winter storm, but neglected to mention which side of the street to park on. Nervously, he stayed up for the ten o'clock news. Again, the weather man reported that there would be a winter storm, but failed once more to mention which side of the street residents should park on. Ole was really sweating, now! He went up to Lena, wringing his hands, and said "Lena! Da wedder-man says dere's gonna be a vinter storm tonight, but he didn't say vhich side of the street to park on!!" Lena looked at Ole and replied "Oh, Ole...can't you yust park da car in da garage tonight?!!"

Yah...I know it's bad! :H

Ole and Lena...

Love it, Fennel! I think I know Ole and Lena, and they live in the South now!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Ole and Lena...

Wonderful to be welcomed with a piece of home. Ole and Lena are popular in my hometown.

Did you hear that Ole dropped his jacket in the outhouse! It went right down the hole! He started throwing a fit declaring loudly that they had to get it out. Lena came out saying, "Geez, calm down man. What's all da yelling about?"

"It's my coat!" cried Ole. "I dropped in down da outhouse hole!"

After several unsuccessful attempts to retrieve the jacket Lena said, "It dropped right out of sight, Ole. I don't think we can get it. But we can get you a new jacket at da Goodwill store."

"No! No!." Ole cried. I already got anudder jacket, but my pasty is in da pocket of this one!"

Note: For those of you who are scratching your head, a pasty is a kind of pie made of meat and potatoes.

Comment

Working...
      X