Why dident i think of this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside England's Bristol Zoo there is a parking lot for 150 cars and 8 buses. For 25 years, its parking fees were managed by a very pleasant attendant. The fees were ?1 for cars, ?5 for buses.

Then, one day, after 25 solid years of never missing a day of work, he just didn't show up; so the zoo management called the city council and asked it to send them another parking agent.

The council did some research and replied that the parking lot was the zoo's own responsibility. The zoo advised the council that the attendant was a city employee. The city council responded that the lot attendant had never been on the city payroll.

Meanwhile, sitting in his villa somewhere on the coast of Spain or France or Italy is a man who'd apparently had a ticket machine installed completely on his own and then had simply begun to show up every day, commencing to collect and keep the parking fees, estimated at about ?560 per day -- for 25 years.
    Assuming 7 days a week, this amounts to just over ?7 million pounds ....... and no one even knows his name.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

How clever is that!!

Comment

Wonder why he worked 20 years tho.......

Comment

....... wish i could invest in my own ticket machine meter, (like a take away one where i could put it in my boot of the car.
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Subversive entrepreneurship at its best!!
          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

brilliant, good on him! xx:H
            The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

hart;860537 wrote: Wonder why he worked 20 years tho.......
              I would have retired after 5 years, and I would've sold the business to someone for a cut of the profits to pay the leccy bill in my villa!!!

Comment

Which brings us back to the original qustion Why dident i think of this

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Haha. That's amazin. I'm goin to try that. I think we never thought about it cause we were always drunk. Lol. Haha
                  Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
                  AF since 04th May 2010
                  Fell overboard on the 8th July!
                  My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
                  :crazymonkey:

Comment

Because knowing my luck I'd get busted while I was putting up the parking signs!!
                    Hey Diz, I'll be in Capetown later this year. Going on a 4 week camping trip then 3 days R&R in Capetown before flying back home.

Comment

Working...
                    X