Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheelchair lifts in stalled on Life Guard Benchs !?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel Chair Lifts installed on Life Guard Benchs

Lifeguards take pride in staying in great shape.

And you don't usually find lifeguards confined to wheelchairs doing the job.

However, government regulations require that lifeguards' headquarters on the beach be made handicapped-accessible, even though the only people who ever use the two-story buildings are the lifeguards, reports the St. Petersburg Times.

CLW_lifeguard.jpg

That means the little yellow building near Pier 60 on Clearwater Beach has to be brought into compliance with the state building code and the federal Americans With Disabilities Act, according to the St. Petersburg Times.

"It's odd. Obviously no one here is handicapped. No one in a wheelchair has ever asked to come up here," head lifeguard Donovan Burns told the Times.

The City of Clearwater ruled out installing an elevator. Instead they opted for a wheelchair lift. It's not clear yet how much the lift will cost.

Dunbar told the St. Petersburg Times that Clearwater was ordered to install a wheelchair lift for the home dugout where the Philadelphia Phillies have their spring training. That one cost $18,000.

"It has sat unused for seven years," Dunbar told the Times.

Give me a break.... hat ! IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Lmao... only in america..' :P
    And I just cant keep living this way, So starting today Im breaking out of this cage, Im standing up imma face my demons, Im manning up imma hold my ground, I've had enough Im so fed up, Time to put my life back togethor right now

Comment

And think of all the places our stupid government beauracracy could spend money and make a real difference!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

cristoferjems;987874 wrote: hi,
        yes life guards provide a take place for great shape if you have need Wheel Chair Lifts installed on Life Guard Benches so i am also installed Wheel Chair Lifts installed on Life Guard Benches if you need this so please tell me and you have any help for wheelchair lift so i have provide a good help for you.
        This forum is not for advertising your products or anyone elses. This is a forum for people who have alcohol-related problems. I would kindly ask that you remove the link from your signature.
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

ok ,stirly-girly s
          i am not reapat again.this is my 1 post so have no great idea
          mother fucker stricky

Comment

cristoferjems;987893 wrote: ok ,stirly-girly s
            i am not reapat again.this is my 1 post so have no great idea
            Thank you for removing the link and welcome to MWO.
            You might want to try the "Just Starting Out" section. There is a thread called "Newbies Nest" that is great for people just joining. Good Luck.

Comment

:H:H:H:H:H:H

Comment

Working...
              X