Just getting back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just getting back

I left the site some time ago, and slipped back into my old habits, well I really did not slip, I think I dived. Now all my negativity is behind me, I not longer have anyone calling me an alcoholic, and just verbally bashing me. I woke up 10 days ago, and decided I no longer wanted to live drinking daily, and alot. I do however wish to wait a while and try moderate, how long did it take for most of you to try and realize it worked or did not. Back in the spring, I thought I was trying to moderate, but the more verbal bashing I got, I did not care. Now I care. No one told me to do this, so it is for me.
    I will not let alcohol control me, I will control it, I no longer will wake up with a fuzzy head, now I wake with no guilt. My bank account will thank me, and I am proud of myself.:teeter:

Just getting back

Hey Litre,

Great to see you! I've been wondering where you've been. Good for you that you're back in the saddle and ready to fight the beast again.

I'm sending you a PM, too.

Welcome back!

Comment

Just getting back

Thanks Rusty, the battle is not as difficult as I thought it would be. Please explain to me what a PM is. I am not up on all the short forms, some I can figure out. Again thanks for the warm welcome.

Comment

Just getting back

PM is Private Message....like the one you sent me earlier today. Just getting ready to send you mine. You will get a notification on your e-mail that you have a PM from me.

Comment

Just getting back

Litre, I've been away from posting for a while and just saw this. Just letting you know that I am here for support. There are several of us posting on the modding threads.

I'm not sure what your plan is, but I think you have the best chance of modding if you go totally AF for a good period of time - several months. Read to see what others have done.

Sending you peace and strength,

KG

Comment

Just getting back

Welcome Litre -- I'm new at the MODS threads myself, after doing some time abstaining.

I'm kind of taking a wait and see attitude to see if Modding works for me. If it doesn't I know I tried and I'll just abstain from AL. I won't be happy about it, but I will do it because I'd rather abstain than be a daily drinker the rest of my life!

Have a great day.

Comment

Just getting back

Welcome Litre,
              I am one of the folks who thinks modders always need to come to the site as support is crucial and I do think it's easy to slip into old habits when no-one's watching! Welcome back and hi to all who responded to you.

:l
              Eve11
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Just getting back

Hi Litre,

I am in the same boat as you. I went AF for almost 4 months and then drank again, but I really didn't put a lot of effort into moderating. I came back thinking that's it I am quitting for good, but in reality I want to be able to enjoy a few light beers with my husband and friends when out.

I am really going to give moderation the respect it deserves and a real effort to be a mod drinker.

I agree with coming here for support, I didn't come to the site when I started drinking again. This time I am getting the drink tracker and keep coming here.

Comment

Just getting back

Peace, I think sticking with light beers would be a big help. I know that Ken who posts in the mods threads has had success doing that. I find that if I drink one or two beers it keeps me from getting drunk. Even if I have a glass of wine after the beers, I don't get nearly as toasted as I would had I started out on wine. I have learned to steer totally clear of vodka.

I've been able to only drink 1-2 times a week (usually 1), and keep it to 3-4 drinks - (usually 3). It allows me to have fun, keep from feeling deprived, and not be hungover the next day. I will have to say, though, that I like waking up after NO alcohol better than I like the way I feel the next day even after having had 3 drinks. So, that's what's enabling me to stick with not drinking most days. If I every ramp up to having a problem, I'll go back to AF for sure!!

Hope the modding works for you.

KG

Comment

Working...
                  X