Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllantysili gogogoch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a beautiful summer's day, two English tourists were driving through Wales.

At the town of:-

they stopped for lunch, and one of the tourists asked the waitress,

"Before we order, I wonder if you could settle an argument for us.

Can you pronounce where we are, very, very, very slowly?"

The girl leaned over and said, "Burrr gurrr King."

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllantysili gogogoch is only a few miles from where I live. Known locally as Llanfair PG it means :-

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! KISS SLOWLY Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. sigpic

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

?Oh no....he's awake!! Cos he's bleeding sober again

Ohhh.. that's a terrible one... :H
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Heard that one about a local mountain town, SauteeNacoochee, but they stopped at a Hardees!!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rubywillow;1126780 wrote: Heard that one about a local mountain town, SauteeNacoochee, but they stopped at a Hardees!!
        Ruby, please enlighten a confused Welshman .

The word "Sautee" comes from the Cherokee name of a former Hitchiti-speaking Creek Indian village named Sawa-te near the juncture of Sautee Creek and the Chattahoochee River. The name means "Racoon People

The word "Nacoochee" comes from the Cherokee pronunciation of a large Hitchiti-speaking town's name on the Chattahoochee River named Nokose (pronounced no-ko-she.) Nokose means "bear"

Hardees?
        Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! KISS SLOWLY Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. sigpic

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

Comment

Say it slowly FF. Harrrr Deees

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Ringing Cedars;1126857 wrote: Say it slowly FF. Harrrr Deees
            :upset::upset::upset:

Sautee Na coo chee Harrrr Deees

Could be the time of morning 5.30 am but I'm still will return later and try again :H

Comment

Foam, I meant people stop at the Hardees near the area and ask how to prounounce their location. OK? I am a proud owner in Sautee-Nacoochee, and it IS named for all the reasons you listed. Very rich in Cherokee heritage, along with a prehistoric mound built by some of the earliest humans in the area. Truly beautiful, except for the forced removal of 80% of the Cherokees when gold was discovered there (first in US history). The area is riddled with mines.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rubywillow;1127298 wrote: Foam, I meant people stop at the Hardees near the area and ask how to prounounce their location. OK? I am a proud owner in Sautee-Nacoochee, and it IS named for all the reasons you listed. Very rich in Cherokee heritage, along with a prehistoric mound built by some of the earliest humans in the area. Truly beautiful, except for the forced removal of 80% of the Cherokees when gold was discovered there (first in US history). The area is riddled with mines.

GOT IT Ruby, Googled Hardees again, is it a store ?
                ,now all becomes clear. I find the native American History both fascinating and oh so sad. As a child playing Cowboys and Indians, always wanted to play one of the Indians

Comment

Working...
                X