Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tomorrow is day 1 of my One Year AF Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background: For the last five years I have been drinking pretty much every day. And quite a lot too. (15-20 "small" beers, plus any wine of liquor that I could find). Now I am so fed up with this, and will take one year off. Oh and by the way I also lost my last job that I had for 4 years due to being drunk at work.

Wish me luck!

I am going to take a megadose of Antabuse tomorrow, and continue to take it every single day for the whole year. I must not miss a single dose, as I have no will power what so every when it comes to AL.

This is going to be one boring year for me, but hopefully I will learn to enjoy being sober and get some new hobbies.

Goals:

* Not sleep my life away in bed with a headache
    * Improve work and salary by 5 to 10 times
    * Loose my beer gut
    * Save a lot of money that I spend in bars and on taxi bills
    * Work out a lot more often, which will be more interesting when I am not on the brink of vomiting due to hangovers

Thank you so much for any support, it is extremely much appreciated.

Good for you. I don't mean to look too far ahead, but what are you going to do after the year off? Are you going to go back? And if so, are you going to Moderate or go back to full blown drinking which will be bad and your problems will eventually come back. If not, how are you going to ensure that your not going to drink again? While modding I had a 30 day and 21 day break (meant for 30 but failed at day 22 and yet I didn't quit right away) and then returned to modding. Now I am on a break from drinking but this break is for the rest of my life. I am taking it ODAAT and taking it ODAAT works. As for your willpower, you got the willpower, you just don't know it yet. Make sure that you have a plan and stick to it.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Way to go, Scandinavian - wishing you all the strength and determination it takes to achieve your goal!

However, if I may make one small suggestion: Lose the 'it's going to be a boring year' attitude. In actual fact, it turns out that drinking is really rather boring and all the things you end up doing instead of guzzling the sauce can be so much fun and definitely more interesting
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

sunshine_gg;1236845 wrote: one small suggestion: Lose the 'it's going to be a boring year' attitude. In actual fact, it turns out that drinking is really rather boring and all the things you end up doing instead of guzzling the sauce can be so much fun
        THANK YOU!

Comment

Yeah because not drinking isn't boring. I can do so much more now and not worry about AL.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hi Scandinavian
            I have been taking two antibuse daily for the last 59 days. I has really helped me to stay sober. Life has certainly not been boring. it has actually been so much better. I am grateful for each day that I wake up without a headache.
            You will start to appreciate feeling healthy and alert. Antibuse can be a godsend if you take it everyday. It will be your security when you have a craving. You will have some but you will feel safe in knowing that you absolutely cannot drink. Please don't try because the consequences are awful.
            Don't ask my how I know.
            I wish you luck. Keep posting and as the others have advised, have a plan and stick to it.
            R4L
            Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Way to go Scandinavian,good luck with your plan and goals,IMO at the start take it easy by taking it one day,one hour,one week at a time,it can be done,keep posting what your going through as we can all relate to the battle.good luck again.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hello all!

So I just popped my first of hopefully 365 Antabuse pills. I'm feeling excited about what this year might bring. I will absolutely not allow myself to quit before one year is over.

Now I am going to the gym, hopefully for the last time as hung over

Oh and by the way, I will probably not get any sleep tonight...

Comment

Just wanted to say good luck, Scandinavian
                  Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Could I rant a bit please? I have big problems with my girlfriend, and I am feeling a sence of general anxiety. AL used to cure both these things in 2 minutes. Now what do I do? Lets hope a long workout helps.

Comment

Hey Scandinavian

With all due respect-alcohol did not "cure" those issues in 2 minutes. It changed your MIND.
                      Literally.
                      A long workout can't hurt. Anxiety is part of the detox process. I have always thought Antabuse might be the ONLY answer for me, but I never did try it for various reasons.

Stay strong and hang in there. Whatever bothers you is not going to get better by self-medication with alcohol. Some stuff I say is opinion but that is a fact.

Comment

Ok so I'm back from a leg workout at the gym, now I am going to the solarium to try to not be so white.

Oh and BTW it looks like i am breaking up with my girlfriend. It sucks to be AF at this time, but its also good because things like this would make me drink a lot more.

Comment

Hey Scan

Emotionally upsetting things can be the perfect excuse for drinking. Among other things.
                          Whatever your deal is with your gf-it's secondary to you taking care of you.

It appears that you are reltively young, which is nice since you can have a better life and not waste years struggling with alcohol.

Comment

Thanks for the support everybody! I'ts late here and I am back from the solarium, but I am very anxious and shaking. I know I will not get any sleep. Probably I will drive to a gas station far away to buy a newspaper or something to get time to pass.

Comment

Hi Scandinavium

You have come to the right place if you want to have a rant. Lots of people on here will give you as much support as you need to stay around, even go into the nest and listen to other peoples experiences. I too have joined a gym and work out four times a week. I find that this helps to relieve stress and make me think a lot clearer. An added bonus is also the weight loss and feeling of well being. Life is so much better without AL.

Comment

Working...
                              X