Suggestions for the shaky hands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel all right, day 2 and going back to work, but still a bit shaky, any suggestions?
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

I know it's a repetition, but water, water, water to continue flushing the toxins. L-glutamate may help. If you don't have any anxiety meds, just try one of these:

Everyone faces everyday stress, and everyone needs to have a stress management regimen in place that helps them maintain proper mood function. Natural anti anxiety medicine that includes the following herbs promotes relaxation, a positive mood balance and may help to support a healthy neurotransmitter balance:

Valerian Root
    (Valeriana Officinalis)
    Promotes relaxation to relieve nervousness, nervous tension and occasional anxiety.
    Learn more about Valerian Root
    Winter Cherry
    (Withania Somnifera)
    Relieves anxiety and other occasional emotional stress responses.
    Learn more about Winter Cherry
    Passion Flower
    (Passiflora Incarnata)
    Non-drowsy natural sedative that relieves occasional nervousness, anxiety and panic attacks.
    Learn more about Passion Flower
    Rhodiola Rosea
    (Rhodiola Rosea)
    Widely recognized for its broad spectrum of action to relieve occasional anxiety and support the body during time of stress.
    Learn more about Rhodiola Rosea
    St. Johns Wort
    (Hypericum Perforatum)
    Clinically shown to be a natural reuptake inhibitor. May help to promote a healthy neurotransmitter balance.
    Learn more about St. John's Wort
    5-HTP
    (5-Hydroxytryptophan)
    Naturally derived from a plant-based source. Acts as a precursor to Serotonin, a neurotransmitter that regulates mood balance.
    Learn more about 5-HTP
    Combining natural anti anxiety herbs and medicines (e.g., Valerian Root for relaxation, Winter Cherry for relaxation and stress relief, Passion Flower for relaxation, Rhodiola Rosea to support the body during time of stress, SJW for relaxation and mood balance, 5-HTP to support neurotransmitter health) provides a broad spectrum of action that is more effective than dietary supplementation with single-herb/nutrient preparations alone.

The shaking does get better. Your body/muscles/nerves are suffering some withdrawal too. There are calming teas you can get. There are some people here who know MUCH more about this than I do, hope they help you out with suggestions.
    Best wishes.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I cant offer any advice for the shakes, Im sure others may have some sort of advice/tips. Drinking lots of water and staying hydrated may help.

But I did want to stop in and say way to go on your two days! Keep doing that, and you will be surprised at just at how fast you can string together a bunch of days.....and everyday will feel like a small little victory!

Wishing you all the strength, knowledge, and support needed :goodjob:
      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Thanks ruby! I have some kalms, they contain hops, valerian and gentian, I will take two of those and see if they help.

Thanks nelz, I am really looking forward to clocking up the AL free days. Going back to the gym tomorrow. I love to exercise but AL had even taken that from me recently! No more!
        Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Halo - I just wanted to add my support and wish you well.
          Congrats on day 2 and brilliant to get into an exercise plan, it reverses all the negative effects AL has on us and the endorphins will raise your determination.
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Congrats on two days! That is huge!
            The shaking is still the alcohol coming out of your system and will subside. Try not to have any caffeine today, just relaxing teasels fluids. Hot showers. Try not to hold papers out so people can see you shaking, just keep your hands busy. Tomorrow it should be quite a bit better!
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Halo - congrats on Day 2. Sorry I don't know about the shaking, but I think it will naturally go away once you've been stopped for a while.

Sending you peace and strength!

Comment

Thanks everyone. Took the kalms and they did seem to help. I went to the supermarket and didn't even look at the wines and spirits aisle.Usually I would get a bottle for when I get home from work tonight. This time feels different somehow. I think it's that I have finally accepted that I really want it this time!

This site is so helpful, thanks again everyone!

Comment

Congratulations on Day 2 Halo, and bypassing the alcohol aisle.
                  Luckily in Canada we don't have alcohol in the grocery stores. It's a blessing.
                  I don't think the shakes will last much past day two, you are well on your way.:goodjob:
                  Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                  If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                  November 2, 2012

Comment

"water, water, water" is actually quite a bad advice. Too much water will just drain you of kalium and natrium. Instead try to take a kalium and natrium supplement and see if that helps.

(And of course drink water, but not in excess unless you are doing extremely heavy physical work.)

And good luck! I am on day two too

Comment

Broken,

I also have found in my way too many detoxes that B vitamins help alleviate some of the shakes and tremors.

Eat well and take your vitamins on a full tummy.

Remember HALT. Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired. (I also say HALTS) and add stressed to the string.

These are conditions that can easily lead to relapse.

Treat yourself extra well for the next week or so and you will get through the initial run just fine.

Hang in there.

Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Broken, you've gotten great advice, and I forgot to congratulate you on both your sober time and your determination. It takes a lot for some people to post here, so that's one big hurdle! And there are great people on so many threads here who would love for you to join in and share your journey. Extra B12 is what I take still, because it helps with energy, and I don't deny myself a little sugar now and then since AL is SO full of sugar. Was just reading about the benefits of a glass of wine, which we've all heard before, but the limit is 5 oz. How many people with an AL problem have you ever known who stopped at 5 oz.? As it was said, too much water is a problem too, but just in my own experience, it helped me a lot, to feel full and to flush all toxins. A cup of warm water with lemon juice in the morning sets the pace for the day.
                        Feel free to PM me if I can help at all. Or I post on the Journey Starts Here thread every day (https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...-10-54360.html), and you're welcome to join us. Keep posting!!
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thanks for the great advice everyone. I am still quite a 'shy' poster, thanks for inviting me to join the thread ruby, I might just take you up on that. I feel ever so much better today, thank you all.

Wally, lucky you! AL is so readily available here, on sale everywhere and cheap too!

Cinders bought the vitamins and thanks for the HALTS, I can relate to that.

All of you have been so kind. I just want to let you know that I got a good sleep, went to the gym and best of all woke hangover and shake free! Looking forward to doing the same tomorrow! :l

Comment

After day two, my hands stopped shaking. I am drinking more diet soda than usual but at least it is not wine. It is so difficult not to have a glass of wine when I am cooking, but so far so good. Lots of luck and strength to you.
                            Eti

Comment

Yay for no shakes! That means healing. So happy for you guys.
                              Day 1 again 11/5/19
                              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X